Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on switching to Cricket

I've had T-Mobile service forever, and right now I have my business line through my T-Mobile phone. I need a plan with unlimited minutes, since one month I might be using 800 minutes, and the next month 2500 minutes depending on how much calling I have to do. Right now I have a postpaid account with just unlimited minutes for $50 a month. No other features aside from the basic CW/CF/3WC. My current phone is 5 years old and is starting to have issues with keeping reception. So I thought I would take the opportunity to see what else is out there.

I'm thinking about getting a Smartphone of some type, and T-Mobile's unlimited talk+data smartphone plan is $100 a month. Plus they charge extra for tethering. I like the MyTouch 4G, but it's $450 unless I go under contract, and at $45 less per month, Cricket's android plan is looking very appealing. I live in Boise, ID so I am within the Cricket home coverage area. Most of my calls would be placed from there.

I'm thinking of picking up an Ascend and testing out the service. If I like it, I'll have my nuraber ported over. Has anyone done something similar or have any thoughts on the process?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What kind of call forwarding do you need? T-Mobile prepaid has the $50 Talk/Text plan with some limited data. The Optimus T is the best low-end Android phone to date, so you should consider it if you're thinking about the Ascend. Also, you shouldn't have a problem getting an upgrade to an Android phone on your current postpaid account now with data for $20 more. You'd have to deal with customer retention but that's not much of a hassle at all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't really need call forwarding. Just unlimited minutes and some data for browsing on the device. I would like the option to tether for internet access on a laptop. But I don't want to pay a monthly fee for it, since I would only be using tethering intermittently, when my home or office internet goes down or I'm not near a hotspot. I'd also rather not pay any more than I am now unless I absolutely have to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information