Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zio update!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Geese what was i thinking. Your right cricket sucks. I mean they are the 7TH largest carrier. You know with 5.5 million customers they are balling. I mean they can totally afford to buy galaxy s phones for 400 dollars a pop to sell to you for 500. Oh and there demographic totally supports that. I work for the front lines at cricket. You are right shame on them they should have done it different i agree. However the people i sell too everyday are unlike you. They don't know what a forum is. They have no idea what Droid 1.6 or 2.2 is. Cricket knew they had to get into the smart phone game but no one would sell them a phone that was cheap enough to fit our clientele and still be in reasonable reach pricewise. They had to wait till the prices dropped enough they could get the phones for under 300. Otherwise no one would buy them. Larger carriers give you a two year agreement and drop the prices of the phones because they make that discount back in service over two years. Cricket can't do that, they would no longer exist. The dirty little secret in the phone industry is that phones are not made to last 2 years. The average life of a cell phone is about 14 months. The general population of cricket stops buying phones between 200 and 250 dollars. Look at the full retail price of the Verizon, sprint, or att phones. Our customers couldn't afford them nor would they really know what to do with them. Cricket in general targets the low income audience with low income the profit margin isn't much. On average a zio costs the company 150 bucks from kyocera. When they first got them they were 249, now they are 129. At 129 those customers who are scared to try new technology are not as afraid. So they hop on board. When they do they usually just came from using a regular phone and a zio is a huge improvement. They don't know the difference. I am not saying its right but if all you ever used was a Nokia 6225 and then went to a zio you would love it. That is what the general population of cricket is looking at. The few of us who know the difference usually have flashed phones or have a new rom on our phone. You may think cricket sucks but tell me why are you not using a different carrier, its not like your in an agreement.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I have heard that the 2.1 update is coming late Deceraber or early January but who knows if it really will. As far as the Huawei, I couldn't agree more that the Tap is a pile of junk. The Cricket Huawei actually seems OK, doesn't have the chinese "cheap" feel to it. The Cricket Huawei actually feels somewhat solid and is fairly responsive.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Definatly true, same service half the price. The ascend has been an upgrade from my motoblur(1.6) but now with all these dead end leaRAB for updates it tenRAB to be discouraging. I will definatly be looking at the x5 when it gets here but now if we cant depend on updates I may just flash a moto. It seems to me that this all goes back to the sorry customer service, linux is not hard kiRAB are making custom roms for free im sure this issue can be fixed.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Wow. Yes. I meant Tuesday. Stores had it pushed out Tuesday morning. Sometimes computers malfunction and some stores my lag a bit.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums app

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I hear everything you say but it is the misinformation that is most troublesome. I do believe the popularity of the Droid on cricket should say something.

Some at cricket neeRAB to take owner ship for this. If it not in there budget tell us. Be honest. I have been with them since they rolled out here in phoenix. Hell I even fought the x-wife for control of my phone and account. And yes I am one of those cheap SOB who waited till it was under $200.

But they put 2.1 on the Ascend but not the ZIO. Maybe if the customer had not known of 2.1 there would be less gripeing.

I research the hell out of both phones I chose the ZIO because it seems to be a better phone. They put 2.1 on the Ascend and they put 2.1 on the Sprint ZIO.

Cricket CEO please tell us. When the hell are you going to release the update? OTA or walk in I don't care.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Yes it is here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I am waiting to see how this phone performs when the update comes out. I am very torn on if this or the Ascend is a better option once the phone is flashed. Guess I will wait til "early next year".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I've asked this a cpl times. Zio or ascend? I plan to dump the storm and get one of them around black Friday. Which is the one to have? Besides the screen what's the "real" benefit of the zio?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

@68Mustang: First I did try to answer your question as a CricKet™ Rep, but to no avail. Now I'll answer as a customer. Man I feel you. When I first heard about Zio™ was back in January if last year and I was pumped. As I followed the release date, it mtroy getting pushed back further and further. Until I just gave up and bought the Blackberry™ Curve 8530. I was heated, but I laughed it off and two weeks later I got my phone. I now have an Ascend. But waiting on updates, I'm right with you. My Ascend says it has an update, but my phone can't get our for some reason. But if we at CricKet™ rushed the update now it would cost more money to the customer by raising rate plans on all plans not just for Zio's™. Why pay more if you can pay less? But trust me, CricKet™ is getting way better phones this year, but until we at CricKet™ can afford to sell them, you as a customer won't get them. The rep in me and the customer both wanna save money and I want you to, too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information