Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zio update!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

That's because they want to torment you first.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Hi, guys, I myself work for CricKet Communications and all information about the Zio is true. Any stores currently stocked with remaining Zio's will sell, with explicit instructions to let any costumer know, wanting the Zio, that there will be an "over-the-air" update sent to all phones, due out in March. So sells of Kyocera Zio's phone have been put on hiatus. To decrease an outbreak of disgruntled customers, we are instructed to sell Huawei AscenRAB and Blackberry Curves. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we are working extremely hard to bring the public the best updated Zio's and not rushed devices. Thank you for your continued support in our efforts to bring you affordable phones at unbeatable prices with plans to match.

Antoine De Anda
    CricKet Wireless Communications

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

He didn't mean next week as in Monday, he meant next week as in Tuesday. "Next week" could also be Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, so it's not a lie.

Zio update!

I just talked to Cricket and they said the Android 2.1 ipdate for the Zio is coming soon. Has anyone else heard this? Also what would be better get the Zio and wait for the update or get the Huawei? The Huawei is made by the chineese company that make the Tap and that phone sucks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Man I'm excited now. The place I got my storm flashed is selling fully flashed 100% functional EVO 4g's. They claim everything works as it should including market place. Just gotta find out how much. Even if its $300-350 its a bargain.

*edit* just called $325 for the EVO good price I thought

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I believe these are the current AWS markets & area codes
    765******** Beaumont
    745******** Brownsville
    735******** Corpus Christi
    795******** Laredo
    790******** McAllen
    405******** Las Vegas
    215******** Oklahoma City
    275******** St. Louis
    830******** Philadelphia
    840******** Wilmington
    850******** Atlantic City
    810******** Washington
    820******** Baltimore
    235******** Milwaukee
    295******** South Wisconsin(incl. Rockford)
    205******** Chicago(excl. Rockford)
    715******** Lake Charles

After some reading(http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...on-AWS-phones-), it looks like it might be possible to flash a Non-AWS phone in an AWS market

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

what a joke you see why i dont think there will ever be a update its post like this hey there will be a update in nov , now dec , now jan , now feb , now march this is a joke might as well give up and buy a new phone they are using a said update to get rid of the stock this way they dont have to eat the mistake but make the customers pay for crickets mistake and then after the stock is cleaned out they will say oh all the test roms are not good enough and we will not be pushing a update at all dont believe the lies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Fyi cricket provides phone service. Manufacturer Sanyo writes and tests updates for there phones and provides them to cricket to push out via the network. The truth of the matter is, Sanyo is still working on the update not cricket. So feel free to contact Sanyo they are the ones who have not provided cricket with the files.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Zio update should be dropping in the next day or so. Could be tomorrow.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

First Sanyo is a brand name of Kyocera. It does not matter WHO writes or tweaks the OS it is 100% cricket that commissions that update. I spoke to a rude CS rep from Kyocera/Sanyo it is all Crickets doing or shall I say lack of doing. Shame on all of them for release this phone with 1 .6. Greed rules the world

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information