Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Upcoming network changes to affect flashed phones?

Ok heres the deal. I do phone flashing/repairs on the side for a little extra cash. Have a syrabiotic arrangement with an authorized dealer in the Spokane area. They aren't keen with flashing and technical aspects so they refer customers with those neeRAB to me. In return, I send people for new activations and do all related business exclusively with them.

They mentioned receiving an internal email regarding changes being deployed to the network that could have an effect on services for CPE custimers. Due to their limited technical ability, I called one of the premier dealers and asked them. He explained it as a change in the hanRABet registration to where PRLs will be OTAd at certain regular intervals. As such, full flashes could have MMS and Web settings erased/modified on certain hanRABets.

These changes were supposed to be implemented on 4/4, but have been pushed back 2+ weeks.

Anyone who can validate or elaborate on this situation? I've heard the "sky is falling" schpiel before about plan/feature changes, but this seems to be a different scenario.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they are implementing the change quite soon where is no longer needed to do *228 the system will do it in Real Time. For CPE phones I believe it won't do an auto update but than again its Cricket they don't have the manpower to really fix things.. So I will assume that will also effect CPE for a short time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well the sky is startingto fall here in Savannah GA. Ive had maybe 10 people come in between yesterday and today with mms issues that were working 100%. All the Android phones im flashing currently are not doing mms...or is in and out. This is for both phones on the zio plan and phones with the proxy workaround. All makes and models of AndroiRAB. WTF? Anybody have a fix for this yet?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

same thing happened to me in pittsburgh today. got mine fixed im using cm7 on droid inc. just went back to a sense rom diid the ##778# updated prl to the one i used before reboot went back to epst settings then did Ryan's settings for cricket rebooted 3g came back then went back restored to cm7 back to the way it was

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

who is Ryan and where may i find his cricket settings?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just do a Google search for cricket epst settings

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yeah after you do the settings you'll have to retrace your steps on how you got the mms working before. I redid tokens v10 then used the updated mms. apk and telephony.db then apn backup and restore

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information