Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    butin4

iOS apps vs. Android apps

I know this thread is very similar to this one but I would like to know specifically about the apps, not the phones.

Being a noob to smartphones, I would like to know how the iOS apps compare to the Android apps.

I know that iOS has like 425,000 apps and Android has A LOT less but are most of the iOS apps worthless, free, crap, better, worse, etc.?

I honestly don’t know so that’s why I’m asking.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS apps are spectacular. You'll find both useful and useless apps in both stores so I don't really think there is a comparison there. Another big thing is that some android apps carry malicious stuff and iOS apps don't. Depending on what you look for and what you find good you'll be happy with both app stores. DepenRAB on the user

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just looking around the iTunes app store and there is a lot of cool stuff there that I am going to try. The iTunes app store is very well organized and from what I understand Goggle has an Android apps store that is not as nice as the iTunes store.

I guess it makes sense that the iOS apps wouldn't have anything malicious because they all have to go through Apple.

Are there many apps that are on Android but not iOS? Kinda like being on the Xbox and not the PS3?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The short answer is yes. There are 1000s of apps on Android that don't exist on the iTunes App Store. Most notably Android has some of the very best system admin tools for remote connecting, scanning and control of remote computers. The only way you can even get close to these apps on an iPhone is to jailbreak it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's actually cool that you can use a smartphone to admin a network. I wouldn't be using it for that.

I understand that iOS is a better gaming platform over Android.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is no doubt about that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which android apps are you referring to? I use RDP on my iPhone to run a remote windows 7 computer and it works flawlessly.

SSH, SFTP, network scanners to identify quickly which machines are up and port scanners to identify possible intrusion points. VNC/RDP is one thing the iPhone does as well as Android. But Android has more free choices vs iOS.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the thing about android is they allow anything in there so for ios I would for example download sonic..etc but on droid you get the mega drive emulator allowed in officially into their store. the games are very similar for example angry birRAB that is free on android WITH adverts that dont really get in the way much vs ios that you pay 59p. there really is not much difference at all, both are good

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS is deff all the way the best app store

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information