Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an App Manager app for IOS 5?

Coming from Android there are apps than with a couple of clicks can kill all the background apps. Is there something like this that works on IOS 5? Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS apps aren't written that poorly. So technically, unless you are jailbreaking, you don't need an "app killer".

Plus to stop the "flame war", iOS has very limited background app execution thread capabilities. IE not a lot of apps can run in background to begin with.

And if you think killing the app out of memory is a good thing because it frees up memory for other apps, you have read way too much bogus hype from the Android world. Since that issue was squashed when 2.1 was released.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you want to kill apps - hit the Home button twice, hold down on the app you want to kill in the bar that shows up in the bottom of the screen, touch the X at the top corner. There, you have killed the app. takes a matter of a second or two - no need to run an app just to kill another app.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I realize Froyo had better mem managagment. I just didn't know how IOS worked and if it had the same problem like 2.1 and older android did with many apps kept in memory.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This iPhone is getting way better. Ugh! I hated that I always had to kill the background apps. Now I don't have to worry about that. Awesome.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you believe that there are android fans who actually like killing apps? I don't understand why. They prefer to have it the Android way, and they say that ALL of the iPhone apps in the background waste the battery. I just laugh. They don't know iOS very well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ill back you up on that cause I was one of those.... Lmao! Today a great example two of my buddy's said how's the iPhone and I told him freaking awesome don't have to worry about damn app killer or having it plugged in all the time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I can believe it. Up until Froyo it was just something you got used to doing. It's not hard to imagine they carried that habit over to the iPhone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information