I don't have the exact model number for the unit. All I can say is that it's around 6 years old, it's a 32'' flat screen box TV, Vizon, and has integrated SD.

When the screen goes white, or displays an image for a few minutes two spots appear; the left spot is a greenish/yellowish color and the right spot is purple. They start in the middle of the screen about 4 inches apart from each other, and then start to gradually increase in size.

The longer the image stays, or the blank white color stays, the larger the spots become. When I unpause a video or leave the white screen (Xbox Live menus) the spots stay for a few minutes but disappear quickly when the screen displays movement. So essentially what I'm trying to say is it goes away when a continue the movie or play a game. Then when a pause the movie or open up Live menus the spots appear and grow in size.

I don't understand why it does this, and neither does my friend who has a Sanyo TV and experiences the same problem. Can I stop this? I mean I don't mind, but when I have company over and pause a movie the screen starts that spotting stuff and they always ask what it is. It's kinda embarrassing that I can't explain why, and than awkwardly nod and shrug and continue with the movie.

Is this normal with these TV's? Because if it is, than I can care less. Although if it can be fixed, and someone knows how, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank You.
*(I's) not (A's) on third paragraph, ring finger was happy.