My dad is a dj and he has terabytes of music on his computer. I want to be able to set it up so me him and my brothers can access his music library from any computer in our home network (i dont want it to go over the internet as im sure thats illegal). I basically want it to be a legal version of say limewire or something. Like if im looking for "linkin park in the end" i could simply type it in find it and download it to my computer from his computer. Everything he owns is legally purchased so please do not flag this as piracy as i stated i only want this to work within my home network. I know i could use an ftp program but i was sure if it would work like limewire where you can search and find a specific song using keywords. Thanks
Will this allow me to search for the files in a manner such as limewire? As in keywords not specific file names? I want to be able to type something like "truck" and return every song with the word truck in the filename and be able to download at that point. We are already in a home group but im not a big fan of it personally.
Also i have a linux based computer, and android based computer, and several android phones/tablets so im thinking ftp is probably my only solution but i was hoping for some kind of lime-wireish kind of solution as i like just typing keywords and locating my songs like i do in the start menu search bar.