Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

As proven by middle america, you can fry anything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

Anything but these

You can choose to buy healthier and more sustainable meat to reduce the need for these feedlots. The idea of $1 for a burger or $2 for a lb of chicken meat is absurd. People need to realize that what they are not paying for at the register, they will end up paying for down the line.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

"Organic" grass fed farms don't have the production capacity to meet America's daily meat neeRAB. You would have to change the entire country's diet. Fat chance!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

Support more local organic farmers and a drastic decrease in population. The first one is obviously the only viable solution, but the latter is what I wish for. Epic feed lots are simply not sustainable and are terrible for the environment. Both are problems we need to quickly address or face the complications of balance attempting to be restored. We can't exist in disequilibrium and there is nothing smart or balanced about the way we are currently managing the huge feed lots that girdle across our country. If I need to explain why its gross that hormone pumped steers are forced to live in pens littered in their own shit, fed poor quality feed and injected with antibiotics to help cope with the awful conditions isn't a smart or efficient practice then...... monoculture woo! Thats for a different discussion, though.

Perhaps turn more suburban and open city areas into small farms so people can slowly take control of their own food and grow it themselves. You're right, grass fed beef isn't capable of supporting our massive nurabers....so if our practices don't change the problem then perhaps we need to change our population. I know we're on our way to that anyway. Its Bio 101: Any organism that becomes over abundant, and lacks an apex predator will wallow in its own waste, use up resources, experience genetic instability, and then see a drastic decrease in population size. Equilibrium.

They actually DO round up wild horses for slaughter. They also auction them off but guess who also has a presence at horse auctions.... They round up wild horses to "keep populations small" so they don't encroach on farmer land. I believe its an annual thing. Thats how you get the "Adopt a Mustang" thing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

That is true.

However, the diet of America is changing as people realize the health benefits of eating less meat.

The amount of vegetarian and vegan has been growing. 10 years ago, you would get a "Wat" if you asked if a restaurant had any vegan options

The sheer popularity of the movie Food Inc. and the book The Omnivores Dilemma show that people are interested in knowing where their food comes from and possibly choosing the more responsible choice

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

And the Future of Food. People are starting to realize how fracked up the corporations that are running the origins of our food have come to be. Too power hungry with a hidden agenda.

I love control and definitely enjoy having it over my food. Thats why I know the farmers I get my food from, or I try to grow it myself.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

Pretty epic post/avatar corabo.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever had horse?

the more responsible choice being removing meat (which we are designed to eat) from our diets? I'll buy eating grass-fed being better, but eating vegan is not healthier than a balanced diet that includes quality meat.

Anyone ever had horse?

Better. Way better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information