Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

6' 4" 180, don't drink or smoke, which is probably why I can't gain weight

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

6'4" 205. I gained 25 lbs. this year. I blame it on being in an office job for the first time in my life, and barely rabroadming at all this year.

The shit ton of beer I drink doesn't help either.

The Getting Fat Thread

As an insider, what about an office job makes you not want to go to the gym? At work, I sit in a chair anywhere between 36 and 44 hours per week and I still find time and energy for the gym at least two times/wk. I'm not trying to put anyone on the defensive, just curious.

My theory is that it's too easy to graze/boredom eat. Food is too readily available and boredom is all too common in the office setting. Controlling the urge to graze was the toughest part about my new job but I'm the only employee who hasn't gained weight in the last four years.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

The thing that really got me was I didn't change my eating habits. I went from a job walking 5-6 miles a day, luggin a 300lb spray hose around to treat trees and shrubs, to being a sedentary office worker. I'm still active after work with playing and umpiring sports, but my calorie intake vs. output is way off. I actually just started running again, hoping that will get me back to my target weight of 190 shortly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

Here's proof that it's what you eat. During my cancer treatments I couldn't eat, all I had was about 6 cans of high calorie drinks everyday. I think it was a total of 2,100 calories a day and I lost around 50lbs in only 2 months. And that's without any exercise too. So the bottom line is.........eat less, lose weight./
    BTW, I was at 225lbs, now I'm at 175lbs, and I'm keeping if off too.
    Edit.......I forgot, I'm 6' tall for anyone who wants to know.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

6'3" and was 185, but I've been running the "ignorance is bliss" minRABet ever since Thanksgiving...and Thanksgiving leftovers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

what happens when 21

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

I have an office job now too and I had to drastically change the way I eat. lol. My appetite is nothing now. Like just yesterday, I had 2 egg and cheese wake up wraps from DD in the morning, 2 scoops of peanut butter during the day for lunch, and I ate dinner around 11. I had an omelet and a bagel. lol

edit: with about 4 cups of coffee throughout the day. and a ton of water.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Getting Fat Thread

I don't have a job where I have to sit for 8 hours a day straight, but if you count school and my approx. 3 hour/day I'm right about there. At the end of those kinRAB of days I feel as though I'm obligated to go lift (but not in a bad way). Stress relief is a huge factor.

On another note, exams are coming up so any hopes of gaining weight is gone over the next 2 weeks. Currently struggling to maintain 190, down 10lbs from this point last year. I wouldn't be surprised if I get some kidney stones by the end of these few weeks from all the caffeine. Hopefully I can get back to the 200 club by the end of January

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information