Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finals Thread (Not Made By Chev)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I finished last week, ENG CALC 1 exam sucked. but i passed thank gawd

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh so good!

Apparently I have repped to much in the past 24 hours, i will get you whenever I can.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cotton mouth isnt as bad a blazing.
    its weird, i have been eating a huge lunch everyday while on adderal ( i eat about 300-500 calories in the morning, take the pill, then atleast like 800+ (chipotle, tritip sandwhich etc) for lunch), but i lose my appetite at night. Shouldnt it of worn out by then?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i do not understand how it could have two local minimas and no local maxima if it is continous over the interval [1,5]. My understanding of a extrema is when the signs of the derivative change(slope changes from increasing to decreasing). i mean think about the first derivative test.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in my 4th year of aerospace and I have yet to use local min/max for any class, besides the concept of dy/dx=0 for finding the max of an equation (energy, force etc). In general, the only concepts I've really used in depth are integration and differentiation, but not the B.S. theorems for each of those. Make sure you really pay attention in differential equations if you have to take that. DiffyQ/Calc III is used most out of Calcs I-III and DiffyQ. Calc 1 will be one of the most annoying classes you're going to take if you're doing engineering.

I think the typical life is somewhere in the 8-12 hour range so the effects should be worn off. I'm not positive about how long the loss of appetite side effect lasts though. Do you normally eat that big of a lunch and a big dinner as well? If not, then your body might be compensating and seeing lunch as the majority meal of the day.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

mine lasts from when I take it at 6:30 till I fall asleep at around 1/2am and even then I still feel it. I didn't take it this quarter and I still did great, so I doubt I'll take it again. I'd rather keep misplacing stuff and being a spaz than have dry mouth and the inability to eat.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

just be happy you guys dont have your classes pegged to a c+/b- by default... several seniors have gotten F's in senior level classes and delayed grad for 1 year b/c of this.

luckily, the one class i borabed and thought id have to retake was somehow allowed through by the system by default... so still got to grad on time

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im in a community college right now, preparing to transfer to a 4 year school. I ve always said my intended major is engineering, but now im starting to doubt myself. I dont know, just the corabined stress of living at home (shitty relationship with parents), not that great of a social life (nota college town), and having to aim for A's(so i can get a good GPA to transfer). Having to try in every class is fracking gay. Going into finals I had a low B in calc, High B in chem, and A in english, without really trying. I wish i was in a 4 year. so jealous you guys only needing 2.5 to pass, i feel like theres way more stress in a CC because your trying out for school again.

that being said, I got accepted into CU Boulder for a spring transfer. not sure if im gonna go due to the cost of out of state tuition, but if I got into there A&S college with an undecided major, with the ability to transfer over to engineering. Not sure if ill do it, or just go with economics. If i dont go to boulder, ill be in CC for another year and a half. California is tightening there strings and you can only transfer after you have 30 units at the time of application, and 60 by the time your there. no spring transfers, just fall. plus to even get into any of the good california schools (UCSB,UCSD,UCLA, UCB, POLYSLO, UCSD) your gpa neeRAB to be like a 3.5

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hahahahahahahahah

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information