Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motor screw hole stripped

I was using the wrong screws and stripped all the hole on my motor. Went and bought the proper ones but now they wont tighten. Any ideas?

Thanks

Electric? Nitro? If electric just turn the motor and use two other holes?

In any case the only solution is to re-tap the holes. If you don't own a tap and die set I believe Dubro sells them in singles and your local hobby store should have them.

As advice, if you've never re-tapped before practice on a scrap piece of aluminum and get the hang of it (you'll need a drill with matching bit size). Make sure you use cutting oil, work slowly, and keep the tap straight.

Good luck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

its an electric motor, I stripped all the holes on the motor, Not really up for the re-tapping, Just a tacon motor might as well just get a new one and take it as a leason learned.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Purchase a metric screw that is almost the same diameter... Or standard... Just purchase the opposite of what it normally takes... Thread them through with the motor out of the vehicle.. Basically re-tap them... Make sure the screws are a harder compound than the motor can... It's what I'd do.... Problem solved...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information