Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to buy flueless gas fires (with radiants rather than artificial coals) in the U.K.?

I have looked in brochures and online and cannot find even one. A google search isn't helping at all as it just shows me all the radiant fires available and all the flueless whereas I was a flueless WITH radiants.

If any of you know of one I would really appreciate a link to the supplier.
    Alison, I suggest you search for 'flueless gas fires'. You'll find plenty with that title. My problem is that every one I've found is the artificial coal type which I don't want. The technicalities of how they work and where a vent should go etc. are not an issue as I've discussed this with a gas engineer. I just cannot locate the style of fire I wish to have in my home.
    Stretch - there are lots of flueless gas fires available with coals. That is the point of my question. It is one without coals that I want but they are the ones which seem to be unavailable.

After looking at your link though I am seriously wondering about having a re-think on this and having an electric fire. Dearer to run but cheaper in other ways because I can just buy one and plug it in. No plumber/gas fitter required, no fear of deadly fumes etc.

I'm going to have to give this a lot of serious thought.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no such thing as a flueless gas anything for inside the house. You always need to vent a gas unit. The closest you can get in gas is something called a "direct vent" set up where the vent goes straight out the back of the unit through an outside wall.
    Your other choice would be to go with an electric unit. There are tons of options in that case. I have two in my home. If you choose that option I recommend finding a showroom that can let you check out the unit in person. Some of the fans that circulate the heat can be very loud which is silly if you want the thing to look (and sound) like a fireplace and not a jet engine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information