LOL he's an independent seller, I saw the car riding the bus one day, its being sold for 1500 max I may get it for $1375, I had someone look at it and they said it was cool..This would be my first purchase, but here is the kicker..Im still learning how to drive and I don't have my license,

Im buying a starter car so I can have a friend teach me, this friend does not have a car either and I feel like buying this car is the only way Im going to learn. I know I need to get my temps because mine expired

My question is whats the process of buying a car, because Im a total novice. I dont know anything about cars. Im not getting this car from a dealership just some guy..So what am I going to need from him..Like okay I give him the cash and I know he has to transfer the title correct, Do we do that right there on the lot or do we go to to the BMV.

I dont want to ask this question to anyone it would be less embarrassing to ask on the net. Knowing my issue I just wanted to get some advice or tips..Im tired of depending on people and riding the bus..I really need to drive im over 21 and its time.

I just dont want to buy something and then regret it..I also dont want to appear like I dont know what Im doing in front of this man.

Appreciate all helpful answers. I need to make a decision my Tuesday.