Hello. First of all, if you help me with my question I'll also be willing to answer yours

So I'm looking for a new bike since my main one died. I usually ride around my city, but recently I've been going where no man has gone before and have gone to new cities. And having to drag a mountain bike that far (20miles+) can be exhausting. I'm not quite sure what would be best, a road bike or hybrid? Because if I got a road, i couldn't take any off road places (and what fun is that) even grass would kill it. Also I hate pulling around things that weigh 99999999999999 lbs so I need help on finding something lightweight but also durable (its pretty annoying when the bike breaks 5 months later)

So in summary I need something lightweight and durable. I would spend up to $300 on a bike if it is a great one. I only recently learned that walmart store bikes are crap so ye. Should I look for a hybrid or what should I do cuz I really have no idea.

More info:

One of the bike shops here is incredibly over priced ($1000+ for any given bike!!) so I can't go there unless its for equipment (the equipment is fairly priced)

Also in the longrun I would like to attempt to ride 150 miles, so what bike would be good for that adventure?

Thanks!

ps: no mongoose bikes please

ps2: I have this really old bike, its pretty industrial. Its a mountain bike, called "destiny" i have road it maybe like 150-160 miles in total and its still kicking, only the right hand brake has broke.