As much as I have an easygoing attitude and approachable personality, I'm very private...especially when it comes to personal matters or news in my life. I can be very friendly to you but would not tell you anything about my love life, specific career goals, or problems I'm having with my family (unless you're a close friend). I grew up in a culture that's very similar to the Italian mentality - everyone is family and somehow gets into your business and are nosy. I recently did not pass an exam to get a medical license. Of course, I was very hurt. It's human to be disappointed and grieve (especially since I spend 95% of my life studying for that test). But I am an adult, I do have choices and i had to put on my big girl pants and focus on passing it. I had great classmates who have been more than supportive. I asked the few (who knew) to keep it private because the last thing I need is pity, judgement, or a "mother" to be controlling. While I am in the process of getting over it, I am focusing my energy on doing what I need to do and re-building my confidence again. Failure is part of life and it's my job to just keep going and I'll be okay

I got word from my mom that an instructor found out about my bad news and announced it in front of her co-workers. My mom is very old school and was embarrassed and felt ashamed how it was put o blast. The instructor (I know) means well but is so oblivious and "too hyper"; she gets into your business sometimes. There was no way for the instructors to know. I contacted the state concerning results and they said all results and scores are confidential. The state license website had my name and "pending" so there would be no way anyone would know. My mom had her mommy feeling someone would tell...and I had a feeling also. I had a good idea (based on past experiences) and emailed the person. I remember specifically telling him, "i appreciate the support but please keep this between us." I started off positive, small talk and ended with saying that I discovered an instructor knew. I didn't accuse him or insinuate but told him how hurt, upset, and angry I would be if someone (from our group) told her. I asked him if he knew anything about it. This guy is usually one who emails right away but he didn't respond at all. Actions speak louder than words and my hunch was confirmed. I got an email from him this morning and he did not answer the question at all. Instead, he wrote a paragraph, overhyping how I'm going to pass. I like positive support but this one rubbed me the wrong way... it was too much and I didn't feel it's sincerity. I feel like he did it out of guilt, to be honest. Maybe he had good intentions but If I specifically told you to keep it private, isn't is disrespectful to do the opposite? (Oh and this instructor said she supposedly wants to speak with me about it. This is exactly why I wanted to keep it private in the first place. I'm an adult, not a child. Thank you but no thanks. It doesn't matter anymore if it's out there, can't worry about it but I do know to keep my mouth shut around him...)