My property is shared with another house, the drive way leads all the way up to the wall behind our houses. My property is shaped as a huge square with pavement covered to form a T making up the driveway which both our houses share, the houses are to the left and right seperated by the driveway and a front lawn for both houses separated by the driveway as well. We have no fence to block the driveway leading to the back so anyone can just walk as they wish if they wanted to and possibly store stuff back there. We use the back as storage and parking our cars.Again the back just has pavement and no grass.
No cars were parked in the driveway and today my neighbor saw a car with a man outside his car who was parked in our driveway all the way in the back near the trash cans where there is dirt as if he was snooping around. My neighbor got back from work around 8 o'clock at night and couldn't park her car so she stopped half way and backed up to let the car out of the driveway and she assumed this guy was someone my family knew who came to visit so she didn't think too much of it. She went to ask my mom who that was since she never saw him before and he was a white guy (no offense) and we are Mexican. We told her that we didn't know anyone like that and this isn't the first time its happened. Its happened a lot of times that random people snoop in the back of our homes so I'm worried that they might be using our property to store drugs or something and having others pick them up from our place.
There was another other case where two guys around the age of 18 or so were walking into the back of our house and as they reached the back of the house my dad came out and saw them and asked them what they were doing there and they just ignored my dad and walked out of our property.
So my question is, is it possible to have the cops bring in a dog to search for drugs in our property and would we be held liable for them if there is any since it is in our property.