I have been waiting for my boyfriend to say those words: "I love you" for 6-7 months now. We are currently living together (for about a month now) and in our mid-20's.

Anyway, he FINALLY said it! This morning! BUT....I don't think it counts? Let me explain. I was still very sleepy but he went outside to bring something from my car this morning because I asked him to. It was like 8am and I was on 4hrs of sleep...so, I was groggy and in & outta sleep as he laid back down next to me in bed. He was talking about random things, and then he goes "Baby, how come I smell our neighbors cooking breakfast and you haven't cooked me breakfast this morning?" kinda joking around with me....and I groggily go "Because it's 8am and I'm currently on 4hrs of sleeep!!" and then he goes "Hahaha, I love you" REALLY quick and didn't pause after that, just kept talking about something else. We weren't even facing each other, I was turned away in bed, like I said, still half asleep.

DOES HIS FIRST TIME TELLING ME "I LOVE YOU" COUNT in this context? Opinions???
Thanks!
Oh, and like I said...after he said it, he quickly just kept talking and so it was almost like he never said it?? I am not sure if it counts....I always assumed he'd say it for the first time in a cheesy way... like, looking into my eyes, saying it, then pausing to wait for me to say it back??

But nope, we just started talking about something else... so what do you guys think? Should I count it as a genuine "I love you" or not?