I have been to several doctors in my area, but they have all disregarded my health and have tried their hardest to drain my pockets of every last penny and I was only 16 the first time.

At age 16, almost 17, I attended the doctors due to having severe pain, nausea, fainting and vomiting during menstruation (not to mention the heaviness), which had put me in hospital before. I told him all my symptoms, what I thought could be happening and that someone had told me about The Pill helping to lessen the heaviness and painfulness of her period. He was okay with giving me The Pill for my menstruation, but at the end my mother added that I had a boyfriend who I'd been with for a year and said the pill would protect me if we decided to take our relationship a step further and it would give her some relief and a piece of mind. After hearing that, he didn't want to give me the pill and decided to tell me to deal with it and accept my responsibility as a women to have many children and the pill would stop that from happening. After arguing for my health and life with both parents involved, he gave up and gave me microgynon 30.

Second case.
Due to now having intercourse with my boyfriend, Paruresis (troubling urinating in public bathrooms) among other reasons at age 18-19, I have had recurring cystitis, which almost cripples me for weeks on an end. It was so bad at one point that I had 7 bouts in a month.
Previously, I had used over-the-counter medicines several times, but one visit I was told by a Pharmacist not to use them again and visit a doctor. Later that week I went to see a different doctor. I told him my symptoms and the fact I was going on holiday in a couple of days with my boyfriend and his family. He told me I needed to take Antibiotics - Trimethoprim. I have accounts of being allergic to antibiotics from childhood, so I asked him to make sure that these wouldn't cause an allergic reaction. He said a definite no and said several reasons as to why. I trusted him and went on holiday.
During the first few days of taking them on holiday, I felt fine but I couldn't go near any food or drink without throwing up, so I lost almost half my weight during the first 5 days and I only weigh around 7 stone to begin with. The next day I woke up covered head to toe in a severe rash and ended up in a nearby hospital, put on strong steroids and other medication. This was around 6 months ago and I have scars from the severe allergic reaction.

Still to this day I have reoccurring cystitis and have nothing that works. Other doctors told me to get on with it, stop sex completely, ignore it and take antibiotics I am allergic to.