Hi,

I recently started working with someone who is disabled with "anxiety". I am basically a Personal Care Assistant to her. I am doing well with it, due to having some background on Psychological knowledge, yet more to be learned. With that said, I have a question about her condition that is a bit puzzling...

When at the market, she can't pick out the groceries in the coolers, nor see it until it has been picked, placed inside the grocery bag, and away from the cooler. When arriving back to her place, she tells me where everything needs to go in specific order and hands the items to me, but she doesn't look in the fridge. She always looks away and closes her eyes. She can't see water running either, she looks away. When in the restroom today, she had me change 2 of the 4 light bulbs. 2 were burned out and 2 were working fine, however, she had me change the light bulbs that were working. Then, she walked out and told me to see if it worked. Another thing, she has an A/C but doesn't turn it on no matter how hot it is. When we leave the apartment she tells me to turn it on while she is outside waiting for me. When we are back, she has me go in first and has me go turn off the A/C. There are other interesting quirks to her, and want to figure it out. Like why can't she look in the fridge, how does she do it when she is by herself? I wonder if she tells me to put stuff in certain locations because she closes her eyes and reaches for it. Today she asked me to tell her about an Invoice. I pulled it out and showed it to her, and said "Oh no, I can't see that I am terribly blind". I found that interesting because she drives, but can't see things near. She is 41 years old by the way and looks so very young! I seriously would of thought she was 31. Anyway, if you could help me narrow this down would be great. I am just curious to know more about what is going on in her head.

Thanks!