At my school, the political science students have their own pre-law club whereas history doesn't. Political science is a popular major here and there are people that call the discipline "all fluff." I can see why they would say that since political science is the science of opinions backed up of course by evidence and occasionally data. Political science majors still have higher GPAs , on average, than History majors.

In history, you are allowed to have your own interpretation but unlike political science, you can't really say something that's not there. Every time I include an anecdote I have to type in a footnote. I feel this is a little too restrictive.

Which would be better for me? I want to go to a 1st or 2nd tier law school. About a quarter of the people that go to law school are political science majors and this mainly has to due with their high GPAs. I have a fear though that admission committees will get tired of political science applicants. There is so much pressure to get a high GPA in political science that if you don't get at least a 3.5 you're viewed as a defective candidate or below average.