Hey guys. I'm 25, just finished college, working two part-time average-pay jobs, no student loans. I'm normally an old-school 'cash in-hand' buyer. But in this instance I'm crushed for time.

-----The background:
I've owned my 00' Ford Taurus SE since 2005. It was, and has been the only vehicle I've owned. It has 165K miles on it and is finally to the point where I end up putting $600 in repairs into it just about every 6 to 8 months. I have a feeling it wont last much longer. I don't want to waste my money on a used/pre-owned vehicle that will only get me by a couple years max before I'm back in the exact same situation. I also really don't want to have to finance a brand new $13K - $18K car. Because at the moment I could only afford the absolute base-trim models, which to be honest, I would be completely unhappy driving that car for the next 8 years of my life...
-So I've decided to get my Taurus as fixed up as possible, work out all of the issues it's having, and only use it when I absolutely need it. I think I could make it last another year if not more by doing this. I can afford a bike to use as my primary means of transportation. Not only that, I've always wanted a bike, so needless to say I'd be very satisfied and stoked to own/drive it around.
I'm looking at the all new 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300. I've done my homework, have seen plenty of reviews, read plenty of forums and I think this bike would be perfect for me and what I need it for.

-----Question:
I'll have $2.5 - $3K of my own cash to afford the 2013 Ninja 300 (MSRP $4.5K, after all the added safety features, bullshit dealer assembly fees etc... closer to $6.5K) I know that 9 times out of 10, 8 times out of 10 if you go to a dealer with a wad of cash in-hand and offer to buy the bike right then and there for an absolute price, out the door, the owner of the dealership will most likely agree to that price (MSRP or even up to $1K less) I'm thinking about going to a bank etc... to qualify for a small loan. I'm thinking about taking that cash along with my own to the dealer and offering a $5K in-hand, out-the-door price for the bike. Then paying off the loan from the bank or wherever for up to 24 months to build some "easy" good credit. (Since the loan is so small)

-----Any advice, any thoughts, any recommendations about this?
This will be my first bike, this will be my first time working with a dealership, this will be my first loan, this will be my first time building credit.*