Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    cakelove

do i have to renew my contract with at&t wireless if i want to upgrade my phone?

so ive had at&t for a little over 2 years. but now i want to upgrade my phone to a blackberry or palm, does this man i have to renew my contract (2 yr)? do i have to pay the retail price for the phones. does that matter?or do i get a certain discount offer? someone help me plss.

Jamie H
    You are allowed to upgrade your phone when there are 6 months left on your contract.It sounds like it's time to renew your phone, if it is they give you a small break, usually the 50 dollar rebate that they say comes in 6 weeks but sometimes never does. If you do this keep a copy of everything so you have a leg to stand on if you don't get it.

If you are the start of a new contract (already a few months in) then you have to pay full price for the phone. You can get a cheaper phone on the AT&T website or at UBID.com. Just make sure it's unlocked or for AT&T.

millions2nette
    That's not my particular company, but that is the way that these cell phone service companies work. You purchased your phone at a discount and that is why you agreed to the 2 year contract in the first place. Now that your contract is going to expire, you are eligible to upgrade your phone, but you will have to sign up for another 1 or 2 year contract. If you don't want to sign up for another contractual agreement, then they charge you hundreds of dollars more for the phone. Hope this helps.

mslpj
    if you want a discount on the device you will have to go into a contract. Most phone companies are not in the practice of giving out deep discounts on phones without getting something back from you.

=) ♥ (=
    You can pay full retail price

Or you can extend/renew your contract and get the phone for the 2 year contract price.

You can also buy one off of ebay. You wont have to renew your contract and you wont have to pay full retail price!

Jennifer
    no you dont have renew your contract if you're just getting an upgrade

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information