Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

For Web development; html, php or asp.net.?

I know allot of HTML, Some PHP and no ASP.net But i want to create dynamic websites, i know that html, without javascript is nothing, which of these should i try and learn, an btw, im 17 but very intrested in this subject!

Php is very very helpful i would try an learn the rest of that.

sun
    Hello,

First things first, no matter which you choose you will need to know HTML. Now on to the backend stuff...

My personal favorite back end technology is ASP .NET. Being a Microsoft Developer for many years I have grown to love the way Microsoft has everything integrated together. Web development has never been so simple with the combination of tools: Visual Studios, SQL Server, Expression Blend, IIS... The integration is key and something that open source will never be able to claim.

PHP in itself is laughable, you have much more power at your finger tips with the .NET framework behind you. Also, guess what, PHP is SLOW compared to ASP .NET... if you don't have an accelerator on the server then you are killing performance.

You can get a free compiler straight from microsoft at the following link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/

You can also get a free database program called SQL Server from Microsoft at this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/

No matter what code behind language you decide to use, you will also need to learn SQL(Structured Query Language) which is universally used to communicate to databases. A good place to start on sql is the following link: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

If you need an additional assistance getting set up, shot me an email through my profile!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information