Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

nausea, headaches, hot flashes...22 years old?

for the past few days, maybe about a week, ive been feeling ill on and off. i get these bouts of nausea that seem to last for hours without vomiting though...along with this i get a massive headache that only seems to make the nausea worse. ive also been getting what feels like a hot flash i guess. i have had to keep the house temp at around 71 but all the sudden i get extremely over heated and start to sweat all over...its very overwhelming. its been increasingly bad the past couple days. my temp is normal at 97.5. why would i be having these problems i hate feeling like this.
    im about 95% sure its not pregnancy...i just had a baby 8 months ago and theres been no accidents or anything like that....highly doubt thats it
    oh and to add to that last edit i literally just got off the monthly visitor...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be hormonal, premenaposal, migraines, highblood pressure..so many things..i'd get checked out by a Dr. ASAP!
    c

britishaccentkiller
    these symptoms generally occur either due to mano, which would also cause sleepiness and possibly and inflamed liver, or female hormones which are natural for a woman your age and would be the most likely cause.

mspenguin51
    Get tested for diabetes - sounds like a blood sugar problem.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you possibly be pregnant?

Turtil
    heaps of people might think pregnancy. i myself also think that, however there are other possibilities. i recently felt very similar, and ended up being diagnosed with Sinusitis.(sinus infection). you may also have an ear infection, it makes you very sick but dizzy too!
    you sound like you have a fever. Go to the doctor.
    you will never know whats wrong until you go to the doctor and get checked up!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am not sure, u should see a doctor

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you might be pregnant. Go take a test.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you vegetarian?? If you are, do you supplement with a multi B complex?? vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is part of that complex and a deficiency in it will cause nausea and vomiting, dry mouth so bad that no amount of water will resolve it,excessive urination and night sweats and muscle cramps... it will also contribute to night muscle spasms, leg cramps, hand numbness ..... vitamin B6 is essential for the production of magnesium and hydrochloric acid in our bodies and must be present for the production of red blood cells and antibodies......... so without it you would be suffering from all the symptoms of iron deficiency anemia too like fatigue and exhaustion, dizzy spells, excessive feelings of being cold, nasty nasty slapping horrid headaches, paleness of skin .... big dark rings around your eyes too ....... along with having other digestive issues such as bloating and cramping, constipation etc.... and of also being deficient in magnesium (the antistress mineral) as B6 is needed for the production of same ........ eat more foods rich in B6 such as lean meats, fresh fish, cantaloupe, cabbage, unsulphured organic blackstrap molasses, unmilled brown rice, eggs and oats.

B6 (pyridoxine) is also essential for the effective assimilation of B12 (cobalamin) ........ symptoms of B12 deficiency can be excessive sweating, depression, chest pains and heart palpitations, irritability and moodines, ataxia (tripping over all the time).

Buy yourself a multi B complex containing all the B's ie ~ B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 and folate etc... as they all work best as a group.... a liquid supplement would be the easiest to assimilate for your body.

Don't buy any of the B complex individually but rather as a whole complex unless specifically instructed to do so by a nutritionally oriented physician or naturopath.

The B complex of vitamins is a water soluble complex and as such our bodies can neither produce nor store them.... therefore we need to ingest them on a daily basis or suffer the stress related side affects.

Things that will rob you of your precious supplies of B vitamins are stress, antidepressants, antibiotics, laxatives and diuretics, otc cold and flu meds, alcohol, eating too much tinned food or animal protein, processed salt or processed sugar, eating too much frozen fruits and vegies, sodas, pop and soft drinks ..... caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea will also rob you of your B vitamins........ as will alcohol.

eat more fresh green vegies like broccolli,kale, chard, bukchoy, celery too ....... all so rich in magnesium and calcium......... they'll help enormously to destress and realkalise your system ........ plenty of leafy greens and some fresh low sugar fruits like watermelon, strawberries, pears, blackberries........... get your bounce back mate.

take care of you

peace baby
    ♥

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See your doc asap. Nausea can come from LOTS of places. The fact that the headaches make the nausea worse makes me think of migraines. Does anyone in your family have them? Does vomiting make the headaches better? If it is a migraine, it shouldn't last more than a few days (unless they are "cluster" migraines).

Keep hydrated--whatever is going on, the vomiting will dehydrate you which will make things worse, no matter what is wrong. However, don't overdo, since it will make the vomiting worse. My doc told me a few ounces an hour is best when vomiting/nausea present.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information