Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My son is in jail and has about $25,000 in credit card debt. How can his debt...

...be handled? I can't keep paying? He usually pays his own bills but he was put in jail and the legal system has not been fast or fair thus far. He could be in jail for months the way things are going. Can his debt be put on hold or negotiated down? If so how? They gave him 2 credit cards when he was in high school with no job at the time and he got hooked. Now they won't voluntarily help with things. I can't keep paying. I sold his car to help pay for an attorney so he has nothing else. Help!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the cards are under your name or both your names you have to pay if they are under just his name you don't need to pay but it will mess up his credit but at this point that seems to be the least of his problems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    unless you are a co-signer on his credit cards, then stop paying them. he's an adult. let him suffer the consequences. by the time you reach $25k in credit card debt, it's too far gone. i would guess 95% of people that far gone would have to go through a bankruptcy. stop taking care of your grown kid. force him to stand on his own 2 feet. you can't keep hurting yourself to fix his mistakes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information