Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I...

Rachael

I...

...was washing my car and i used the rough side of the sponge by accident, how do i fix it? HELP!
    It took the shine off of parts of my car.. its really blotchy. It looks almost as if i waxed the car and didnt buff it off well enough

ray of sunshine
    first, don't panic! your car will be fine. what you will need to do is go to a car parts store and buy a few things , first you will need a small bottle of POLISHING COMPOUND. you will find this in the wax isle.second you will need some polishing cloth,if you want you can use a microfiber towel instead. both of these should cost less than $10.00 together. DO NOT USE RUBBING COMPOUND ! with the car in the shade, simply pour a small amount of the polishing compound anywhere you see scratches in the paint. using your cloth, rub in a circular motion ,work in well. [do a Small section at a time.] next let the area dry until you see a white haze form. last step is to use a SEPERATE piece of cloth to wipe away all residue . you will find the scatches are gone and the paint will be smooth and brighter than ever! hopr that helps you out. best of luck...

Chris R
    take it to a professional and have them re-buff your car.

Larry E
    All you can do is try to wax it and see how it comes out. You might have taken the clear coat off and that would have to be fixed by a body shop. Big bucks.

DPsv1000s
    perfect-it II compound then foam pad polish

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information