Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ...

Dan

...UK: Can someone recommend me a motorcycle please? Hi! I had a scooter at 16 (now 22), but then got involved in cars and haven't been back on two wheels since. I am looking to take the test that entitles me to ride anything under 33 hp for two years as I am not after a powerful machine, just one suitable for a beginner and hopefully with a little character.

What can you recommend for me, on a modest budget, bearing in mind the 33 hp limit? One day I'd love a sidecar outfit, so if you can think of a modern bike that lends itself to this, that's be perfect! My ideal machine would be a Royal Enfield Bullet (+ sidecar at a later date) but I have heard they aren't beginner-friendly. Is there an alternative?

All views welcome- thanks!

nik_kershaw
    I bought a Suzuki SV650S as my first bike, you will have to get it. Mine is unrestricted but goes like the wind, it also looks great, easy to maintain

Keywob♥
    Ducatti 996

Philip P
    Try Bat Motorcycles
    THey have a list of bikes that can be succesfully restricted to 33BHP...
    BUT why at 22 are you going for a resticted licence???
    By almeans do you DAS on a full sized bike 500cc then once passed stick to a small bike.
    For fun Try a VANVAN 125, these are a cult bike and are now being used for round the world trips by many explorers who don't fancy the big BMW touratech clad mamoths.
    At the 33 HP mark you can have a Bandit 400 GSX400 or a supermoto BMW 650 Funduro or a honda Dominator or a KAwasaki KLE 500 ER5 or GPZ 500.
    Honda CB500 or suzuki GS 500..
    Outside the box you have the alternatives URAL 650 ENFIELD 350 /500..
    Or how about a superscooter AN400 AN650 or 500cc from honda Yamaha and gilera/ piaggio..
    Or there are the Korean or Chinese bikes offering upto 750cc
    As to a sidecar.
    Your cost effective UK available bikes are the cossack / URAL and the royal enfield
    Try F2 Motorcycles for their range..
    The Enfield is a good basic bike and is suitable for begginers but a slow bike. Go for the SCRAMBLER..
    TALKING ABOUT SCRAMBLERS..
    Don't forget the good faithfull and modern triumph.
    The modern Bonnie comes in various guises is reliable and suitable for all skills levels :-) AND you can bung a side car on it too

tobykaly
    hi i would suggest a honda cb500 i think that would suit your needs best of luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information