Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help on ideas for dinners ... 36 weeks pregnant and not really in mood for cooking.?

Ok i dont leave work until 11th sept. So working 8:30am - 5pm monday 2 friday by the time i get home from work i am not in the mood 2 cook. I no i obviously have 2 eat 4 my baby but has anyone got any ideas of nice easy heathly foods i could cook .. I live in England by the way.
    Any suggestions would be VERY helpful.

Thanks in advance.x

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my slow-cooker (crock-pot) and used it a lot when I was pregnant.

You can cook roasts, chops and stews. They do take some preparation, but you could do that before bed the night before, and then in the morning just assemble the ingredients and plug it in.

One of our favourites is Sweet & Sour pork chops - 4 chops, 1 can of cherry pie filling, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of vinegar - then just plug it in and let it cook all day. It just needs rice and a vegetable.

You could also make sure that when you are cooking, you are cooking two meals - for example, if you are cooking potatoes and carrots, peel enough for tomorrow as well. Extra cooked stewed steak for tonight can be Beef Curry tomorrow!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My favourite is hot chicken wraps - 20 minutes and they're done! Just bake some breaded spicy chicken in the oven, then roll it up in a deli wrap with some mayo and salad, really good, easy and quick!

Try cooking at the weekend, cook in large batches and freeze for during the week. That's how I survived my pregnancies!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My favourite is hot chicken wraps - 20 minutes and they're done! Just bake some breaded spicy chicken in the oven, then roll it up in a deli wrap with some mayo and salad, really good, easy and quick!

Try cooking at the weekend, cook in large batches and freeze for during the week. That's how I survived my pregnancies!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try stir-fry type cooking. Bonless chicken breasts, pork chops, beef steak or round can be quickly cut into thin slices and will cook in about 5 minutes in a hot frying pan. Toss in some veggies (frozen peas or green beans or fresh snow peas cook quickly, or if you can buy prepared raw veggies over there (cut up brocolli, mushrooms, etc), those are also handy. While you cook the meat and veg, put some rice to cook in a sauce-pan. Season as you like. (Doesn't have to be chinese seasonings, you could use any herbs or spices you enjoy.) Dinner will be on the table in 15 minutes. (The time it takes to cook the rice.)

Or put a small roast (meat or chicken) in the oven when you get home. While it cooks, take a long bath ... relax in front of the tv .... call a friend and chat ... check Y!A. When it's done, cook some quick-cooking veggies, and eat. (There should be leftovers for another few meals too.)

Or, if you have a partner/hubby/room-mate, have HIM do the cooking!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yesterday I was feeling really bad. My back was hurting, I felt sick and I was so tired. I was trying to think of what I could make for dinner that would be easy and healthy. Anyway, I made such a good meal and I didn't have to do anything really.

I had a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, chicken, broccoli and wild rice.

All I did was throw the rice and water in a pot, throw the mushroom soup in another pot with half the water recommended, put the broccoli in another pot with a little water in the bottom and throw the chicken in a pan.

Then I just turned on the burners at the appropriate times and threw it all onto plates.

I honestly spent 5 mintes of my time preparing. When I was done I just threw the leftovers in a container so I wouldn't have to make my husbands lunch tomorrow and put everything else in the dishwasher.

I also added some Parmesan on top as well.

My husband kept on telling me how great it was. I think he thought I spent a lot of time making it all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yesterday I was feeling really bad. My back was hurting, I felt sick and I was so tired. I was trying to think of what I could make for dinner that would be easy and healthy. Anyway, I made such a good meal and I didn't have to do anything really.

I had a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, chicken, broccoli and wild rice.

All I did was throw the rice and water in a pot, throw the mushroom soup in another pot with half the water recommended, put the broccoli in another pot with a little water in the bottom and throw the chicken in a pan.

Then I just turned on the burners at the appropriate times and threw it all onto plates.

I honestly spent 5 mintes of my time preparing. When I was done I just threw the leftovers in a container so I wouldn't have to make my husbands lunch tomorrow and put everything else in the dishwasher.

I also added some Parmesan on top as well.

My husband kept on telling me how great it was. I think he thought I spent a lot of time making it all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a crock pot? That would most likely be the easiest for you now. Toss some food in in the morning, and it will be waiting for you to come home and eat after work.

There are lots of good books with slow cooker meals, but some of my favorites are pot roast (very easy, and lots of leftovers), slow roasted chicken, BBQ ribs and spaghetti sauce with chicken.

Another quick meal I use often is to toss boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven, seasoned with herbs. I use the frozen ones, and they take around 40 minutes to cook. I pair that with frozen veggies. Quick and easy, but healthy.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a crock pot? That would most likely be the easiest for you now. Toss some food in in the morning, and it will be waiting for you to come home and eat after work.

There are lots of good books with slow cooker meals, but some of my favorites are pot roast (very easy, and lots of leftovers), slow roasted chicken, BBQ ribs and spaghetti sauce with chicken.

Another quick meal I use often is to toss boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven, seasoned with herbs. I use the frozen ones, and they take around 40 minutes to cook. I pair that with frozen veggies. Quick and easy, but healthy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information