Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try stir-fry type cooking. Bonless chicken breasts, pork chops, beef steak or round can be quickly cut into thin slices and will cook in about 5 minutes in a hot frying pan. Toss in some veggies (frozen peas or green beans or fresh snow peas cook quickly, or if you can buy prepared raw veggies over there (cut up brocolli, mushrooms, etc), those are also handy. While you cook the meat and veg, put some rice to cook in a sauce-pan. Season as you like. (Doesn't have to be chinese seasonings, you could use any herbs or spices you enjoy.) Dinner will be on the table in 15 minutes. (The time it takes to cook the rice.)

Or put a small roast (meat or chicken) in the oven when you get home. While it cooks, take a long bath ... relax in front of the tv .... call a friend and chat ... check Y!A. When it's done, cook some quick-cooking veggies, and eat. (There should be leftovers for another few meals too.)

Or, if you have a partner/hubby/room-mate, have HIM do the cooking!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yesterday I was feeling really bad. My back was hurting, I felt sick and I was so tired. I was trying to think of what I could make for dinner that would be easy and healthy. Anyway, I made such a good meal and I didn't have to do anything really.

I had a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, chicken, broccoli and wild rice.

All I did was throw the rice and water in a pot, throw the mushroom soup in another pot with half the water recommended, put the broccoli in another pot with a little water in the bottom and throw the chicken in a pan.

Then I just turned on the burners at the appropriate times and threw it all onto plates.

I honestly spent 5 mintes of my time preparing. When I was done I just threw the leftovers in a container so I wouldn't have to make my husbands lunch tomorrow and put everything else in the dishwasher.

I also added some Parmesan on top as well.

My husband kept on telling me how great it was. I think he thought I spent a lot of time making it all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yesterday I was feeling really bad. My back was hurting, I felt sick and I was so tired. I was trying to think of what I could make for dinner that would be easy and healthy. Anyway, I made such a good meal and I didn't have to do anything really.

I had a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, chicken, broccoli and wild rice.

All I did was throw the rice and water in a pot, throw the mushroom soup in another pot with half the water recommended, put the broccoli in another pot with a little water in the bottom and throw the chicken in a pan.

Then I just turned on the burners at the appropriate times and threw it all onto plates.

I honestly spent 5 mintes of my time preparing. When I was done I just threw the leftovers in a container so I wouldn't have to make my husbands lunch tomorrow and put everything else in the dishwasher.

I also added some Parmesan on top as well.

My husband kept on telling me how great it was. I think he thought I spent a lot of time making it all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try stir-fry type cooking. Bonless chicken breasts, pork chops, beef steak or round can be quickly cut into thin slices and will cook in about 5 minutes in a hot frying pan. Toss in some veggies (frozen peas or green beans or fresh snow peas cook quickly, or if you can buy prepared raw veggies over there (cut up brocolli, mushrooms, etc), those are also handy. While you cook the meat and veg, put some rice to cook in a sauce-pan. Season as you like. (Doesn't have to be chinese seasonings, you could use any herbs or spices you enjoy.) Dinner will be on the table in 15 minutes. (The time it takes to cook the rice.)

Or put a small roast (meat or chicken) in the oven when you get home. While it cooks, take a long bath ... relax in front of the tv .... call a friend and chat ... check Y!A. When it's done, cook some quick-cooking veggies, and eat. (There should be leftovers for another few meals too.)

Or, if you have a partner/hubby/room-mate, have HIM do the cooking!

windshields...
    I would suggest making a few big meals on the weekend and putting them in the fridge or freezer for the week. Lasagna and meatloaf are good options, or roast a turkey or beef roast (much healthier than processed sliced meats). Also, cut up some veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers) and fruit (melons, strawberries, etc.) for snacking. Put these in clear containers in the fridge so they will look appealing. Boil a few eggs and leave them in the fridge with shells on. I mark mine with a pencil so I know they're cooked. Use within 3-4 days.

At mealtime, if you're not that hungry, you can nibble on a few of your veggies and add a slice of the cooked meat, or maybe some crackers and cheese. Since you are late in the pregnancy, large meals are not a good idea anyways. These ideas will allow you to graze through the evening.

Once you have your baby, I'd suggest continuing this practise, as you will need to grab food when you can. Then, when your baby is older, there will be healthy snack options available at all times. This will reduce the amount of "junk" food your child gets and it is budget-friendly. Good luck!

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a crock pot? That would most likely be the easiest for you now. Toss some food in in the morning, and it will be waiting for you to come home and eat after work.

There are lots of good books with slow cooker meals, but some of my favorites are pot roast (very easy, and lots of leftovers), slow roasted chicken, BBQ ribs and spaghetti sauce with chicken.

Another quick meal I use often is to toss boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven, seasoned with herbs. I use the frozen ones, and they take around 40 minutes to cook. I pair that with frozen veggies. Quick and easy, but healthy.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a crock pot? That would most likely be the easiest for you now. Toss some food in in the morning, and it will be waiting for you to come home and eat after work.

There are lots of good books with slow cooker meals, but some of my favorites are pot roast (very easy, and lots of leftovers), slow roasted chicken, BBQ ribs and spaghetti sauce with chicken.

Another quick meal I use often is to toss boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven, seasoned with herbs. I use the frozen ones, and they take around 40 minutes to cook. I pair that with frozen veggies. Quick and easy, but healthy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you like cus cus? i think its brilliant!! no cooking required! just soak in equal parts with of boiling water and a pinch of salt, or with chicken stock ( i also like to add a bit of curry powder to it as well). You can jazz it up anything really. I always have frozen veg on hand, you could fry it up together in a bit of butter - only takes a few minuets. Another idea.. you could add to it diced tomatoes, cucumber, ham, peas, spring onions, capsicum (red peppers), kidney beans or chickpeas and a bit of salt and pepper - great in the summer cold. Tesco's and most other big supermarkets should stock cus cus anyhow.

Otherwise there is always salad. Omelette's are also easy. You can make humus from processing together a tin of soft chickpeas, a clove of garlic, a little bit of lemon juice, a drop of water, 2 table spoons of olive oil and some salt and pepper - takes only minutes and really yummy with carrot stick's. I also have a juice machine - so handy when you are feeling a bit lazy and you can juice up anything! Apples, oranges, carrots, celery, raw beetroot or any other fruit you might need to use up. Best wishes and i hope this helps!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My favourite is hot chicken wraps - 20 minutes and they're done! Just bake some breaded spicy chicken in the oven, then roll it up in a deli wrap with some mayo and salad, really good, easy and quick!

Try cooking at the weekend, cook in large batches and freeze for during the week. That's how I survived my pregnancies!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information