I have a 1998 Honda Civic LX with automatic transmission. I have about 115K mileage so far. I am experience slippage in gears when accelerating. The check engine light translates to P0730 "Incorrect Gear Ratio". I have done extensive research on the web and cannot find a solution or find out where the root cause of the problems is. The only thing I found was that, Sonnax has developed a replacement spring 88894 that has a wire diameter larger than the oem design. This supposedly reduces the stress on the spring, preventing future breakage. I don't know if this works or not or know if any one out there has tried using this part.
Transmission fluid is fine.
Honda says to replace linear solenoid and change ATF, but from all the reviews that does not work.
So currently, it looks like the only solution is to get a retrofitted transmission from Honda and pay someone to install it. This is estimated to be about $2,000 (parts and shipping) plus labor ($500).

Another caveat to this problem is that when the engine is cold, the transmission works fine.