There's this boy Jonathan, and a few months back, he friended me on Facebook, saying he was in 8th grade at my town's middle school. I go to private school. I asked my friend who knows him (also a 9th grade girl) who he was, and she said he was who he said he was, and he was really cool. We talk on and off on Facebook and he texts me weird flirty things that are so bad that I always thought he was joking, usually him commenting on stuff I do (on FB). I've never met him.

Then last night, he texted me out of the blue, "i have a big fat crush on you."

the rest of the conversation went like this:
me: aww
him:i would have told you b4 but it would be weird telling someone that's way out of my league.
me: omg thats really nice of u...are u serious?
him: mhmm...im sorry if its like weird for you...
me: no, im incredibly flattered, u just made my week...i just dk what to sayy...i think ur really cute
him: aww thanks
me: i'm truly flattered
him: kay good. that's all i needed to hear
me: jw- why me? there must be tons of great girls at ur school
him: umm well i think you're perfect...and well i've been liking a girl for so long i just had to tell you...there are sooo many girls, i know but only one i want.
me: wow that is really amazing of u to say...do u just say tht to every hot girl u meet lol
him: noo... i rele do like you...
me: wow that is so sweet...if u were with me right now i would probably do something minorly slutty just bc of how cute that was
him: aww.. i wanna hold you.
me: awwww
him: do you think we'll ever have a chance together..?
me: honestly, i doubt it
him: ohh... okay...
me: idk for sure
him: okay well i just want you to know i care about you... a lot. k?
me: you are 80 times nicer than my ex bf and any guy i have ever met.
him: aww thanks
him: goodnight.
me: goodnight. talk to u later
him: kay good. night <333

He goes to school with my younger sister, and she says he is "not a nice kid" and that he was with some bad girls when they were stealing from the drugstore.

I feel like I should give him a chance. but of course, you great people of Yahoo answers always know better than I do. I was thinking maybe I would go on one date with him just to make sure I don't want to date him.

THANK YOU! sorry for the essay