Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it wrong for Christians to eat vegetarian?

Romans 14:2
    For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

1 Timothy 4:1-3
    Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ... commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Acts 10:9-13
    Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    god just told me to kill and eat too

but know one is gonna believe me

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The letters of Paul give clear evidence of a controversy over vegetarianism. Paul believes that it is not necessary to be a vegetarian in order to be a Christian.

"As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not for disputes over opinions. One believes he may eat anything, while the weak man eats only vegetables," says Paul (Romans 14:1-2). Paul counsels patience between the meat-eaters and the vegetarians. But there is nothing wrong with eating meat as such — "Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience" (I Corinthians 10:25).

Paul won this battle in the early church; while many Christians were vegetarian, most churches taught that it was not necessary to be vegetarian. However, some early Christians, such as the Jewish Christians, rejected Paul; they were vegetarian and thought that vegetarianism should be required of all Christians. It is these Jewish Christians who were in conflict with Paul over the vegetarian issue.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not wrong to eat a vegetarian diet, we simply have much more options than just that.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another example of how God seemingly changes his mind from the "old" testament to the "new".

Amazing how the Bible says God is the same forever when "he" clearly changed his mind, many many times!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not wrong to eat a vegetarian diet, we simply have much more options than just that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    god just told me to kill and eat too

but know one is gonna believe me

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    another fallacy in the bible. what A surprise...

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus ate fish - why can't we?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The letters of Paul give clear evidence of a controversy over vegetarianism. Paul believes that it is not necessary to be a vegetarian in order to be a Christian.

"As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not for disputes over opinions. One believes he may eat anything, while the weak man eats only vegetables," says Paul (Romans 14:1-2). Paul counsels patience between the meat-eaters and the vegetarians. But there is nothing wrong with eating meat as such — "Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience" (I Corinthians 10:25).

Paul won this battle in the early church; while many Christians were vegetarian, most churches taught that it was not necessary to be vegetarian. However, some early Christians, such as the Jewish Christians, rejected Paul; they were vegetarian and thought that vegetarianism should be required of all Christians. It is these Jewish Christians who were in conflict with Paul over the vegetarian issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information