Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's totally normal. I was dying for a cute little baby when I was 14, and if they had pretend babies like that at my school, I would have signed up for that class in a second. I got married when I was 19 but didn't have a baby until I was 23. I wanted a little girl so bad, although I wouldn't admit it out loud, and I got one!

Now that she's here (she's 15 months) I'm so glad I waited. And not because I think I would have made a terrible mother at 19 (or 14, haha) but because it's SO MUCH EASIER. I have much more patience now, and my husband is at home half the time to help me, and I have a house, and I can afford to buy my daughter anything she needs without having to give up things for myself. Also, I was able to stay home with her instead of going back to work right away when my maternity leave ended. It was hard to wait for those four years after my wedding, but it was totally worth it a hundred times over in the end!

It sounds like you're quite mature and you have an idea of what you want in the future, and that's actually a GOOD thing. Everyone made fun of me when I was in high school and said that I would rather stay at home with my kids than start developing a career right away, but now tons of those people have kids too, and some of them two or three kids, and they know how rewarding and fun it is to be at home with them for as long as you can!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You said it right.."wait till you grow up" to have kids. Nothing like a baby screaming with a loaded diaper to bring having babies back to reality.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dont do it

every girl is different. im 16 and i dont want kids, but thats just me. and i might change my mind when i get older. i know lots of girls and boys that want kids when they get older. its completely normal. its just the same as wanting to get married when your older or having an apartment instead of a house when you get older. its just what you like.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it is not weird.

When I was 14, Suzanne my 16 year old, older friend, was desperate to have a baby. We talked about it when we ran track together. As a result I suspect that wanting a baby very young is probably pretty common.

Still I DEFINITELY think it is a good idea to wait, which you are clearly are doing.

Live your life. Enjoy the experience of a few boys courting your attention. Learn what you can while you are in school. Get a little work experience (maybe if you love children, at a daycare center or babysitting or whatever).

Then settle down if that is what you want. Get married. Start a family. Doing that earlier rather than later is definitely a good idea. But try to wait until you are married and older than 20.

Until then try to enjoy your youth. Prior to being 25, you have plenty of time for everything. After then, if children are a priority, focus on that.

Best of luck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its normal. theres questions on here all the time about this and a lot of times people take them the wrong way. but i think its perfectly normal and its just hormones. as long as your not out trying to get pregnant its fine. ive wanted a baby forever. i just feel like im meant to be a mom. but im waiting. like i should. hope i helped.

emilyelisabeth

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information