Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    US ARMY

US ARMY where is a Soldiers rights?

I joined the ARMY to help my family. Instead I get divorce papers. I was told that the paper's stated "joint custody." They DONT. My X husband has taken my paychecks so I had to start a new account. He wouldn't send me paperwork so I wouldn't have to reclass to another AIT. He never paid back the BAH he got that should have stopped when divorce was finalized, and I had to pay the BAH for him not the kids back. He won't e-mail or tell me anything to help the children with daycare, health, schooling etc. . . I have to make the effort and expense to pick up or see the children. I always have to call if I want to talk to the kids. He changed the childrens insurance information and I guess I have no say because TRICARE said he could even though he is no longer on DEERS. (What happend to HIPPA?)
    I don't feel he is putting the best interests of the children ahead of his emotions or issues. What are my rights in Arknasas? JAG doesn't handle "Civil Cases."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would suggest that you hire a lawyer, but for what?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly where were you when all of this happened? It seems like you weren't even there for the divorce at all. Didn't you have representation when the divorce took place? I thought Congress passed a bill that parents that are deployed couldn't have their children change custody while they were away doing the nation's business. Sounds like you got screwed.

You still have a right to know where your children go to school, and their daycare and the such. You can file a contempt of court on him for that.

You really do need a lawyer. You need him to go over your papers and explain to you what they really mean. You will then have to go to court to either reverse some of what is in there and make him accoutable for what your children are doing. You may be able to get joint custody or shared parenting. I do beileve most court would agree to that even though you will be deploying.

I'm not sure what the laws in Arkansas are but most state laws are about the same. Your lawyer can tell you what you can do. I still don't understand the circumstances surrounding the divorce. A lawyer is your best bet. Who knows, he may have done something wrong and you may have been protected and didn't know it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly where were you when all of this happened? It seems like you weren't even there for the divorce at all. Didn't you have representation when the divorce took place? I thought Congress passed a bill that parents that are deployed couldn't have their children change custody while they were away doing the nation's business. Sounds like you got screwed.

You still have a right to know where your children go to school, and their daycare and the such. You can file a contempt of court on him for that.

You really do need a lawyer. You need him to go over your papers and explain to you what they really mean. You will then have to go to court to either reverse some of what is in there and make him accoutable for what your children are doing. You may be able to get joint custody or shared parenting. I do beileve most court would agree to that even though you will be deploying.

I'm not sure what the laws in Arkansas are but most state laws are about the same. Your lawyer can tell you what you can do. I still don't understand the circumstances surrounding the divorce. A lawyer is your best bet. Who knows, he may have done something wrong and you may have been protected and didn't know it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to lawyer up and fast! When filing for divorce with children, both parents need to fill out a parenting plan. It states who has the kids when, and where. The divorce paperwork should have said joint or sole custody. If he has SOLE custody, you are screwed until you can get it reversed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to lawyer up and fast! When filing for divorce with children, both parents need to fill out a parenting plan. It states who has the kids when, and where. The divorce paperwork should have said joint or sole custody. If he has SOLE custody, you are screwed until you can get it reversed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    get a civilian Lawyer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would suggest that you hire a lawyer, but for what?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    get a civilian Lawyer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information