Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    wonbari2000

is it the custom for the bride and groom to leave before the guests ?

I know it used to be the tradition, but I thought it was because they went on the honeymoon on the same day ? does it still happen ?

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, as long as the time is plentiful for you to catch your flight, ship, taxi after the reception. Just think ahead and plan the time of wedding accordingly.
    If all the traditional stuff has been done: the pictures, cutting cake, first wedding dance, the toast, etc...make sure you say goodbye to the ones you love before taking off. Happy Wedding!

Goody 2 Shoes
    Yes seems a shame though when its your own wedding , if it was me i'd be the last to leave ,i wouldn't want to miss a thing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, but cos the groom was supposed to take the bride upstairs to prove the union of the marriage by then showing the guests the blood stain from the broken hymen (ie the bride was pure and the marriage was consecrated).

a bit more info than we want nowadays! so going on honeymoon before the end of the do is prolly best

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, but cos the groom was supposed to take the bride upstairs to prove the union of the marriage by then showing the guests the blood stain from the broken hymen (ie the bride was pure and the marriage was consecrated).

a bit more info than we want nowadays! so going on honeymoon before the end of the do is prolly best

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information