Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poetry section and friends...question for you....?

do we only look at poetry
    written by our contact friends
    shutting out the new comers
    here in this section of poetry?

Do we give a chance to 'younger blood'
    and give a read and critique what they have written
    or do we hide within the confines of our world of 'friends'
    and then get mad when no one seems to add a verse?

I am guilty of being a snob.
    Not looking for a new poet
    someone I have never seen
    give them a chance to become
    a friend also

well

are you guilty too
    or just a shrew?

(this is not written to offend, light verse about expanding our horizons a bit...)

Redundant question (because we all know the answer), duff poem.

Giggles
    you are so right
    it is tough to do but I will try

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do my contacts first, then try to do a couple of others a day.
    Some of us are trying new ways of writing and, I think out of respect for our contacts, we answer our them with good C/C. We all have some of the same, and many different contacts. I have only 50, some of you have 200 or more.
    So there, I guess. When I first came here I was ignored for a while -- just sayin'.

Check this out:
    I read what giggles wrote, I didnt know you guys were a clique in here, nevermind. no big.?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    iv,e heard the word you suck a lot lately.
    it seems to bother me greatly.
    if the words i write are not so bright
    maybe someday i will see the light

until then i will read some sin
    have a little giggle every now and then
    listen to the words of a lovely child
    and there is a buk that keeps me on redial.

Good questions, Sandy. As more of a reader of poetry than a writer, I try to make a point of reading new poets work when I can. I will usually only comment if I like what I read. I'm not into trying to teach, or critique, so I usually advise people to read the work of more experienced poets such as Sin, Buk, Neonman, yours, or Semper's. I try to encourage the work of young poets so that they can grow and become confident in what they are doing. I am a firm believer in positive re-enforcement as people are learning or growing as writers.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I reached that conclusion about myself a few days ago too... have been answering outside of contacts. sorry giggles...will keep my rant to my own posts. smiles

Good questions, Sandy. As more of a reader of poetry than a writer, I try to make a point of reading new poets work when I can. I will usually only comment if I like what I read. I'm not into trying to teach, or critique, so I usually advise people to read the work of more experienced poets such as Sin, Buk, Neonman, yours, or Semper's. I try to encourage the work of young poets so that they can grow and become confident in what they are doing. I am a firm believer in positive re-enforcement as people are learning or growing as writers.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I reached that conclusion about myself a few days ago too... have been answering outside of contacts. sorry giggles...will keep my rant to my own posts. smiles

Thanks for the question, and I am definitely of shrewish descent when it comes to this issue. I was going to try and write a poetic response but I am not capable. Just pretend this is in blankety blank verse.

I skim the hoi polloi for the odd title but I have been neglecting Dahha, and Jellz, I haven't glanced at Darbz in a while. I miss Jack D's poems sometimes!!!! SIN wrote something cool earlier and it was resolved before I got there. If I could give the poets I like most half the attention I spend on Buk and Ian. then MAYBE I would feel guilty for not being more eclectic.

I try and read everything by you, SIN, Love Child, Mek, Ma, Semper, Jack D, and I am sure I am forgetting someone important. At THAT task I spend about 5 hours a day in Yahoo 7 days a week and fail MISERABLY.

So I should read a bunch of "love is a flower" or "kill em all" crap to be fair??? Last I checked we weren't getting paid for doing this?

So at least you know your poem has generated a strong reaction from me.

Edit: Buk I wish it were that easy. I am a magnet to hostility and attitudes of superiority. I can't help it but follow the cut of your metal. If I could remove those traits in ME then I would never darken your door again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information