Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Harry Lime

Why is their such a difference between the media treatment...

...of? the respective searches for Shannon and Madeleine?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/missing-the-contrasting-searches-for-shannon-and-madeleine-790207.html

Krissy
    I think it is dreadful, it is blatantly showing that class distinction does exist, it is outrageous, so come Branson Rowling and the footy players where's your support here?

flamebolt666
    It's basically class and background. Shannon's parents are not together anymore, and she is working class. Madeleine's parents are still married, and are middle-class professionals. It's horrible, but that's what it is. I also noticed that Shannon has nowhere near the amount of media attention, and that there are no millionaire backers to support her family. Where are JK Rowling, Branson, the Beckhams, and all those celebrities now? It is not fair at all. All missing children deserve the same treatment, so why has Madeleine had so much more than others? I don't begrudge Madeleine any of the attention, but I think it's awful that Shannon and others have not had one-fifth of the attention that Madeleine has. All are missing, and all need to be found.

** JOMAMO GANG MEMBER **
    I agree with Krissy.

dave s
    Richard Branson is strangely quiet on this one. How I would love to approach him with a TV crew and ask why hes keeping schtum on this one.

No publicity to be made out of this Richard???

AlienCat
    I never did understand the level of media in the Madeleine case. Every child deserves it - why did only Madeleine get it?? I think it's very strange and sadly, very likely class-related

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information