Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want to rent my house for a film or tv shoot?

The house is in Brisbane, Australia. Can you please let me know of any companies I can register with, or the best way to get onto the books of tv & movie location companies.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your chances of your house landing in a major film, would probably be slim (unless you have an extraordinary house), however there are alot of independent film makers that will need filming locations. typically the pay is limited or nothing, your best bet would be to look around at the "film jobs" on craigslist.org and contact the film managers with the idea of using your house or even place the ad on craigslist yourself. also there are quite a few "production companies" in any given city, so contacting them directly and offering your potential "location" would be best also check out the australian film commission.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is not easy. Is there something about your house that is unique and picturesque? Usually the people who work on the filming crews volunteer their own homes or they know friends and relatives who have suitable places.

My best advice is look up local Location Scouts and see if you can register your property with them. The Location Scouts find shooting locations for film crews.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is not easy. Is there something about your house that is unique and picturesque? Usually the people who work on the filming crews volunteer their own homes or they know friends and relatives who have suitable places.

My best advice is look up local Location Scouts and see if you can register your property with them. The Location Scouts find shooting locations for film crews.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information