Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

is immigration killing western civilization?

is mass immigration from the non-western world killing western civilization?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What "mass immigration" are you talking about?

"General Facts about Recent US immigration
    The total number of immigrants per year (including illegal and refugees) is somewhat less than it was in the peak years at the start of the 20th century, when the US population was less half as large its current population. The rate of US immigration relative to the population is low rather than high. US immigration as a proportion of population is about a third of what is was in the peak years."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Odd concept, since our civilization was primarily built by immigrants. What you fear (and it is fear) isn't the destruction of our civilization, but that it is changing and evolving. But it has done that since white man first set foot on this continent. Your fear won't stop it. Fear of change is common, but not rational.

Edit: Some of these answers amaze me. Didn't any of you anti-immigrant clowns ever take American history? Did you forget that most of you are the descendants of immigrants? And not all of our ancestors were legal immigrants. Those escaping persecution often came illegally. I had ancestors who came here illegally in the 17th century and the 19th century, both escaping tyranny and injustice. Those immigrants helped build this country.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, bigotry, and ignorance are killing western civilization. (hint hint...)

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great question. I totally agree. It is a very sad thing when Americans become the minority in their own country. Now over population in the larger cities,social security running out, you name it. I really don't mind, but a couple of times I was passed over for a job because I could not speak another language in these United States an English speaking country. and sometimes it seems a little unfair. So I do what I always do give it to God.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we are kind of overpopulated as it is but people like to ignore the fact that those who already live here and have been for generations are breeding like f***ing rabbits too.You can't blame people for coming into the country and taking the jobs no one wants. I personally, think people should get paid for being married like 5 years and not having kids.Some people think it's still their duty to populate the earth.

People also like to ignore the fact that unless you're a Native American, you're an immigrant too.

Personally, I'm working on moving OUT of the country

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Majority of people in western civilization have migrated/or forced from somewhere else.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Most don't seem to realize that in all of North America we keep allowing in millions of Muslims and they are destroying the countries from within. They are having many children and eventually will take control at the rate they are breeding.

The True Body of Yeshua (incorrectly commonly called Christianity) accepts no culture, it creates the culture.

We have allowed them to come in and bring their demonic culture and spiritual beliefs with them. It is destroying us. Multiculturism does not work. They bring all their pagan beliefs and the whole nation suffers accordingly. Mosques are going up all over the place because we have been foolish enough to allow it to happen. Try going to Iran or Turkey and building a Christian type church and see what happens. NOTHING. They won't allow it. They are much smarter.

This all takes place because our government has nothing to do with the bible. Our government is operating in the realm of witchcraft.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is changing it, and maybe not for the better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Immigration *built* the "western world."
    It is now and always has been a vital force for new ideas and change that keeps things interesting, and greatly benefits the economies of "western" societies.

I always find it amusing when the grandchildren or great-grandchildren of immigrants come out against immigration...it's very much an "I got mine, now the rest of you keep the he11 out!" attitude, very selfish and closed-minded. Guess they don't realize that they wouldn't be where they are if others had used their same arguments on their ancestors...

Peace.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information