Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    walters.anthony_r

ISO 9000/14000 for electronics?

I got a real stumper of a question for anyone who is willing to assist... I have an assignment for an Electronic Engineering Technicians course, and it is asking me to "Find a web site containing information on ISO 9000/14000 standards with regards to electronics".

Now from what I have seen from the watered-down websites that ISO 9000 deals with quality in a certain way and ISO 14000 deals with environment. Now where do I find something that incorporates these two standards with electronics?

robotfan_99
    You will not find that.
    ISO 9000/14000 are not directly about a specific subject as electronics or any other, They are about how to implement a "continuous improvement system" in whatever operation you have. Certainly the operation can be an electronics workshop, but it could be also a travel agency, cement plant, a government department or whatever operation you can image.

You are right ISO 9000 focuses in quality and ISO 14000 focuses in environmental issues, but both standards are just general guidelines in how to implement a administrative system which guarantee that any issues of the operation is addressed, solved and prevented to happen again, then creating a operation which improves over the time in quality or environmental care. The specific knowledge of each operation have to be input in the system, during the implementation, by the systems users, and after that, during the operation, also this knowledge keeps changing all the time (continuous improvement), this is the reason that all ISO 9000/14000 systems are different, however they share the same guidelines.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information