Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    lacrosse!!

Will your legs get bigger if you only exercise on a stationary bike almost everyday?

i would like to loose an inch off my legs but ive heard that they will get bigger by ripping the muscle if i only use the bike so what's the deal??
    ok cool, so if i lift 5 lbs weights with my arms (which is what i usually do) that will be better? i only do 2 sets of 10 4 or 5 different ways on my arms, and with my abs, i usually do sit ups/crunches on a ball so is that good? O && i would run but i have to watch my heart rate since i have heart disease/ but thank you so much guys!!!

HomeTownGirl
    It's not possible to lose fat off of one specific area of the body. Strength training (primarily for your thighs) mixed with cardio should help you achieve the results you want. But you'll lose fat all over while building lean muscle in the areas you want.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your legs will get smaller, muscle is twice as dense as fat. Cycling is a cardiovascular exercise so you will never get big muscles they only will get toned. To get big bulky muscles you need to lift heavy weights. To lose fat around the legs it must come off every place else too, there is no such thing as spot reducing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No they wont get bigger. i'm a personal trainer so I know. If you use the bike and put the gear on light resistance then just work hard for a certain amount of time and get our heart rate up, your legs wont get bigger. only if you lifted heavy weights with low reps. if you lift light weight with high repsyou'lll burn fat. also Iwouldn'tt just use the bike, add upper body work as well as abs. the body is a machine and if you only take care of one part the fat will just move to the other parts.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your whole body will lose fat but your muscles will after time start to shape. The "fibers" become more visible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information