Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Pink Star

Do the good poets in this forum only read their friends' poems?

I enjoy reading poems, and i come here often, and i noticed that there are actually a lot of good poems that were posted in here that go "unnoticed", while there are mediocre lines that get so much praises from TC badge holders, which most of the time, appears to be friends with one another.

I know that poetry is an art, and tastes of different people vary from one another, but whenever im here, i cant help feeling that somehow, sometimes, praises of good poets here are only for their friends.

I could be wrong though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Admittedly, many poems go unnoticed and a lot of the posts here, are by young students that deserve to be seen and sincerely want some guidance. I try to view a few "new" posters each day and offer what I can, but it is true that friends have a tendency to read mostly posts by their friends here.

As to the "so much praise" issue, those of us that have been writing for some time, make a concerted effort to post pieces that have had time and thought given to them and are generally good pieces. Therefore, amongst friends, positive feedback can be expected. Yes, there is a degree of "stroking" at times, but we all started off here being ignored and were persistent enough to be recognized as having something worth reading.

Post away, I suggest...and perhaps in time, you too will be recognized as a good writer worth reading. If that is your intention.

badges?...we don't need no stinking badges...HA

Peace, R

Well, sometimes you have to use gimmicks and tricks to get noticed. If you are a good writer, you also have a vivid enough imagination to think of one or the other. And sometimes you have to use bait to catch the bigger fish...LOL

HEY! THIS could be one of those things!!! You're a genius!!!

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, I have to agree with what HP has said. It took me quite sometime before my poems started to get noticed. You just need to persevere. I also try to look at posts other than those of my contacts. Try to do a few each day. Yes I've got an orange badge, but it don't mean much. Just means I spend too much time on this site

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information