Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What should I cook for dinner Saturday night?

I need something simple and easy to make. I am planning to cook dinner for my in-laws Saturday night, any suggestions? They like just about anything, but I can't decide.

Thanks in advance

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    baby-back ribs on the grill, followed by an oyster roast over the backyard fire with a few drinks. your welcome, rednecks know best

I'd suggest a beef pot roast with carrots, onions and peppers roasted with it. Then you can either add potatoes to that pot or make baked or mashed potatoes. Add a nice salad or coleslaw and some rolls and you have a complete dinner. Then make a nice dessert - maybe apple pie or apple crisp, but brownies or cookies are fine if you're not much of a baker. And then a couple bottles of wine!

Doing a roast lets you spend time with them instead of being in the kitchen.

Or a stew or lasagna can also let you spend time visiting.

It is cold here, we saw our first snow and then it was gone. I want comfort food. Some really gooey mac and cheese possibly with some ham. I would settle for some fish and the mac. Paula Deen and Martha Stewart both have recipes for multiple cheese huge heavy recipes for the mac.
    Saw a recipe or 12 for stuffed mushrooms, I have the mushrooms and the crab.
    I bought some cheeseburger helper, but what I really want is the cheeseburger.
    I had chili dogs with cheese the other night, something a little different for me.
    Other "I wants" include a good Reuben sandwich, and a patty melt [hamburger and double cheese on rye and grilled]. I often and so did my Mom serve hearty sandwiches on a Saturday. some tater tots and a big salad of some sort would do just fine.
    Serve breakfast for something different, a nice quiche, some bread pudding, a breakfast casserole some fancy stuffed french toast, see The Neelys and their cream cheese banana stuffed toast looked really good. A pretty fruit cup. If you all are imbibers, some juice based alcohol drinks would be nice.
    Some red sauce pasta dish like lasagna or spaghetti casserole or mostacolli with some cheesy garlic bread would suit me, and it is fairly easy to make and serve.
    I think everything I said has cheese in it, ok it is a theme.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information