Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My phone is nearly broken, but rogers says i cannot get a phone upgrade untill 2011.?

my phone is basically almost broken. pieces of it are falling off.
    i called rogers to ask them when i can get a phone upgrade and they said in april 2011. i got this phone in april 2009 and they said if i want an upgrade now, i need to pay 168$ and the cell phones original price on a three year contract.
    i would like a new phone but i do not want to ask my dad for 168$ because i already spent way too much money this month, and i feel bad.
    should i call rogers and yell at them to make my upgrade a bit sooner? because i heard that the only way they will give you betters deals is if you tell them you are switching companies.
    thanks.
    oh and i am not going to buy the phone itself because the price gets way too expensive.

i would call them and just ask if there was anything they could do. i have verizon and my 8 month old phone completely broke but i wasn't scheduled for an upgrade for another year so i called them and asked if there was anything they could do. they gave me a $100 credit to replace my phone with and didn't charge an activation fee for it because the phone was so new. so you could try calling them and explaining the situation and asking if they could credit you anything. you can also get a new phone if someone else in your family has an upgrade coming up. or you can go on ebay or go to walmart or somewhere and just buy a cheap phone and activate it on the network so that way you won't have to worry about upgrades. if worst comes to worst, you could always do lots of work around the house and save up to pay your parents back for the phone if you need to pay the $168. hope everything works out for you!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yelling is going to get you nowhere. You're legally locked into them until April 2011. They don't have to do squat for you. You have absolutely no traction.

Go find a cheap unlocked phone on eBay and put your sim card into it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information