Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    optimistica1

BIG gift for an avid golfer?

My father golfs just about every other day of his life. He lives in a country club on the 16th hole. Buying him a 'round of golf' isn't an option.
    It's his 50th birthday and I'd like to get him a really nice gift, but I can't afford to actually send him away. I'm a college student so I can only afford like $200 on the gift.
    Any ideas?
    I was thinking of a Range Finder if he doesn't have one, so also...if anyone knows of a good one?

thanks!

Scott B
    A range finder is a good idea. For $200 I think you can get the laser kind. Those are the point and shoot type, not the download course info/GPS type.

For $200 you can also buy him a top of the line pair of golf shoes. That's what I would get him. You can get really nice, really comfortable shoes for under $200 and he will wear them every time he plays.

I would siggest not buying him a club of any kind. !st, he already has clubs and 2nd you don't know what he likes or needs. I would much rather buy my own clubs or go with somebody buying me clubs. SO in this case that wouldn't be much fun.

I think golf shoes are a great gift. Top of the line golf shoes are something a lot of people don't want to spend $200 on, but they are so nice and comfy when you have them. You just feel better at the end of the day.

Mel O
    A great topline putter is good also. Especially if you've heard him talking about something. A Cameron or a Ping Redwood, something like that.

Robsdaddy
    A Gore-Tex rainsuit is about $100. or so. You could combine that with a couple dozen golf balls and a polo shirt for a nice $200. golf gift package. Good luck.

K.R.
    the sky caddie sucks... if you wanted to get him a range finder go with the bushnell medalist... you could always get him a hybrid club and some golfballs too...or... get him some nice golf shoes!

MKG_Force
    Before you invest in a rangefinder, make sure the CC doesn't have GPS carts.
    I have a Skycaddie and love it, be mindful that there is a $29 - $59 annual membership fee that goes with it. I did not go with the laser rangefinder because they don't help on blind shots.
    As an avid golfer, I ask for golf balls. It something every golfer needs and you can never have too many. If you have enough time, you can have them personalized with his name or a message. I appreciate the thought that goes into a gift, but I am not into the golf gadgets and widgets. It seemed like for a couple of years, everything I got was related to golf.
    Tickets to a near buy tournament is also a good choices. An avid golfer will appreciate the events from the PGA, LPGA, Champions, or Nationwide tour.
    Your best bet is to contact one of the guys in his regular foursome. He can tell you exactly what your Dad wants golf-wise. Good Luck.

Julius T
    Buy something that special made for him as long as not effected to his game. Show him that you really do something with your gift... not just buy and give it to your father... I believe whatever you give to him, he really very happy.

Golf bag... try to find a good golf bag, put his name on it and write something nice....

Maybe golf balls, print his name on it... but make sure you buy the golf balls that he normally use... some people say golf ball is more personal than their underwear.

Never give him a putter or any golf clubs... my wife give me a putter for my bitrhday... that terrible for my game because I want to make my wife happy and use her gift

Ohio_Golfer34
    Optimistica,

Buy these items....he will be in heaven:

A set of Jan Craig headcovers:

http://www.jancraigheadcovers.com/index.html

A really nice yardage book cover:

http://www.tpkgolf.com/tc.htm

http://www.cardcaddiegolf.com/

A Scotty Cameron Pivot Tool:

http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/pivot-tool_Golf_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentry pageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQdfspZ1QQfposZ44305QQfrom ZR2QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsa catZ1513QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ 1QQsofocusZbs

And finally this famous Ben Hogan framed photo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEN-HOGAN-1-IRON-SHOT-PHOTO-DISPLAY-FRAMED_W0QQitemZ250138197717QQihZ015QQcategoryZ148 93QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l124 7QQcmdZViewItem

He will love you forever and it will be the best b-day ever!

Good Luck!

Jason G
    Sky Caddie is the best on the market, but it will cost you another 150 bucks on top of what you can afford to spend. Try ebay to see about getting one for less. It's possible.

K G B
    Sky Caddie is the ultimate golfer gadget ... can be used anywhere across the U.S.A.

But ..... the best modle is around $400.00.

Next best gift for a golfer is a gift certificate for a local golf pro shop - then he can spend it on his fave ball, cothing item, range options, etc.

I would try and splurge on the Sky Caddie though!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information