Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have difficulty talking about sex related topics?

I have no real trouble online, I suppose since it's completely anonymous, but like, whenever my friends bring up something to do with sex in conversation, I usually go quiet. Over time I've got to the stage where I can laugh at a sex joke and occasionally make a comment, but nothing personal. It just really embarrasses me, despite the fact that it's totally normal. I rarely ever hug people, and I've never in my whole life told anyone my sexuality in reality. I'm straight, but nobody I know could actually confirm this. I also get aroused when girls openly talk about themselves sexually and sometimes I feel like a bit of a pervert, though I try to act normal. I am 16. Never had any sexual experience. In grade 8, my friend told me she had a crush on me, and, as you might expect by now, I froze. I kinda pretended it never happened after that. I think I have a fair bit of social anxiety, like I really avoid talking to shopkeepers, keep quiet until I know people well and they like me and other stuff like that. I don't really know what's up with me. I guess.... what do you people think about this? I'm not really sure what I'm asking for.
    My parents are relatively open to me and any lack of talking about sex is brought up about my side. I know all about it though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's just the fact that you're possibly nervous about it.

It'd probably help if you tried to regard sex as a good thing, but nothing special. I reckon society puts far too much emphasis on sex, you hear a lot about it in the media. If you have any close friends who you're comfortable with, try talking about it a little more, it'll probably get easier with time, especially as you learn more about it.

It's not like some big taboo. And it's not to be taken too seriously.

In short, just relax about sex. It's not a bad thing that you've not had any experience, it's just that the situation hasn't arisen yet.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there
    I can relate to what you say..
    I also have the same, when people say anything sexually i freeze and dont know what to say.
    I blush while i dont want to. I think you might have social anxiety, i do have it.
    I know how embarassing talking about sexual stuff is.. I dont feel like talking about it.
    I always just ignore sexual subjects.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it you've never been shown much affection at home. Sex is probably not talked about openly or deliberately squelched by your parents. You fear what you don't understand. Try reading some books about inter personal relationships.

somber1912
    I know how you feel. I am much older than you but know from my own religious/strict upbringing that it made me a little uncomfortable too. Is your family very religious, and there is not open discussion about sex?? Still to this day.... I still get uncomfortable when there are sex scenes and people are around. Ridiculous huh? I think it's because my parents made such a big deal about me not seeing anything and telling me to leave the room! If I could have just seen things around them I would be fine with it to this day. I had seen sex scenes with friends and not a big deal. Don't worry about it. Just try to relax and open up to the conversations. You may learn something! And once you start to talk about sex more, the more comfortable you will be with it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information