Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Huey's cooking show today on channel 10 (13/1/2010?

did any one happen to watch the show today? I am looking for the recipe for the bbq chicken spare ribs recipe. I have most of it but missed how much coke (cola) he used in the recipe and did he also mention red wine vinegar ( i know there is 2tbls of white wine vinegar)

Btw i am not going to pay to join his web site to get this recipe. So if you can help it would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Rab, you are so clever, the recipe on the link is so similar to the one I have from the show. Thankyou.
    May I add you as connection. BB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Babyboom,No need to join a site you don't want to. Here is a recipe for what you want. The only adaptations I would make would be to omit the ketchup and use tomato paste/puree and a 1-2 tablespoons of soft brown sugar. the reason being is that the puree would give it more thickness and the brown sugar would give it a rich deep flavour and help with the 'smoky' flavour you want. Also the garlic would round the flavours off and give the onions a lift. If you go to coke's site I think you will find more things to do with coke. I haven't visited it for a while but it used to.
    I hope this helps,all the best.Rab

http://www.coca-colaconversations.com/my_weblog/2008/01/coca-cola-bbq-s.html

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Babyboom,No need to join a site you don't want to. Here is a recipe for what you want. The only adaptations I would make would be to omit the ketchup and use tomato paste/puree and a 1-2 tablespoons of soft brown sugar. the reason being is that the puree would give it more thickness and the brown sugar would give it a rich deep flavour and help with the 'smoky' flavour you want. Also the garlic would round the flavours off and give the onions a lift. If you go to coke's site I think you will find more things to do with coke. I haven't visited it for a while but it used to.
    I hope this helps,all the best.Rab

http://www.coca-colaconversations.com/my_weblog/2008/01/coca-cola-bbq-s.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information