Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do we really need better sex education?

I'm so sick of hearing/reading this... I don't know anyone who doesn't know the risks of unprotected sex. Just because there are high teenage pregnancies in the country (Britain), doesn't mean the sex education is bad.

Some people will still have unprotected sex once they know about STDs and pregnancy (but as I said, I find most people DO know about these).

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the U.S., but yes, it seems all teens need better sex education. When they don't even know how pregnancy occurs or ask questions if they should use two condoms or if he pulls out will that work, then that's a sign that teens need to get a clue. There's even more horrible questions here all the time that are ridiculous, so yes, yes, yes, teens need better sex education and even promotion of waiting for sex too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, we just need the teens to have
    some more common sense(:

♫☆иєℓ♫☆
    Yeah, and it should be mandatory.
    There are parents who dont want their kids to learn about sex and health in school, but dont teach them themselves, so it should be required for every student.
    Im not saying everyone is stupid, its just that there are so many questions on here that dont even make sense about people asking if you can get pregnant if he put the penis in but there was no ejaculation, or if someone can get pregnant if there is sperm on a pillow.
    Either there are trolls on here who like asking those questions or people no nothing about sex ed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the same with smoking and drinking. People KNOW they shouldn't really but decide to throw caution to the wind. I agree with you completely. I think the system we have is perfectly adequate. The parents must stop relying on schools to teach their children how to wipe their own backsides properly. Where's the input from home? If you're going to let your delinquent daughter run the streets until 1am, do you expect hugs and puppies?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's about authorities. Because the governments and society are like "omg u cant have sexz!!!!!" the young people do it. As a rebellion.

In Denmark we have a really calm attitude towards sex, and it's pretty common. We also have one of the lowest pregnancy rates among teenagers in the world.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i dont think so
    i think that maybe we need more teens with common sense rather than sex ed

Yeah but you went to a good, or at least half decent, school. Seriously i know people who have been through the education system and don't even know how to use a condom or what types of STDs are out there. But i do agree with you, it used to really piss me off having to listen to everyone talk about how crap sex ed was-but luckily i don't go to school anymore so i don't have to listen to that crap hahahaha.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some kids have never heard of gonorrhea or chlamydia etc. If we didn't talk about sex, who knows how many more kids would contract HIV or drop out of school because of pregnancy?

By talking about it, we can reduce these instances, or at least make people aware that stuff happens and that there are people you can talk to. I think that sexual education should remain a part of the required curriculum of schools.

Yeah but you went to a good, or at least half decent, school. Seriously i know people who have been through the education system and don't even know how to use a condom or what types of STDs are out there. But i do agree with you, it used to really piss me off having to listen to everyone talk about how crap sex ed was-but luckily i don't go to school anymore so i don't have to listen to that crap hahahaha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information