Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Izsk8tr17

Military Education benefits?

So Im going to Yale Univeristy and its being paid for through the Yellow Ribbon Program under the my stepdad who is a veteran. Since im his dependent, do I have to wait to marry my fiancee because i will lose the benefits? My fiance is a deployed special ops in the air force...so is it possible to keep the benefits through him? Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not entirely sure, but it doesn't sound like the Yellow Ribbon Program would apply to you through your fiance. The moment you're no longer the dependent of your step-father you stop receiving your aid.

EDIT:
    I did a little more research and actually read about the program which is just an extension of the GI BIll (they improved it in 01') Your step dad's benefits would no longer be applied to you- however if you married your fiance and he has served at least 36 months active duty he can sign his GI benefits over to you (which is what your step dad is doing).

I understand you probably want to get married, but sit down and talk to your fiance and figure out what he wants to do with his GI Bill money.. he may want to go back to school or he can use it while he serves to supplement his TA (tuition assistance). If you do choose to get married there are huge benefits like healthcare, BAH (if he lives off base, etc)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information